Buffalo and Bison meat

HughJass

Reaction score
I constantly hear about Buffalo & Bison steaks and burgers you Americans eat. We don't get the here. As a meat lover, I cannot think of anything better than honking down a huge Bison steak or a Buffalo burger.

Can someone describe what they are like?

oni

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
I constantly hear about Buffalo & Bison steaks and burgers you Americans eat. We don't get the here. As a meat lover, I cannot think of anything better than honking down a huge Bison steak or a Buffalo burger.

Can someone describe what they are like?

You are missing out...................................... :whistle:

Shasta

Reaction score
Buffalo meat is bit dry tasting to be honest. Overall it isn't bad, but if have a choice will choose a grass fed beef steak over buffalo.

Was reading on Dr Eades twitter sight that Buffalo meat is good for cholesterol levels. So maybe it is healthy eating.

http://twitter.com/DrEades

The Gardener

Reaction score
I second the above comment, buffalo has a very mild beef-like flavor, but it is very dry. It's as dry as a cooked skinless chicken breast.

It's not the driest meat I've ever had... that distinction would go to rattlesnake.

I've only had bison once. It was a pot roast-type dish with gravy, so its hard to comment on the characteristics of the meat per se, but the dish had a very rich meaty flavor. It was not dissappointing.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Buffalo and Bison steaks, STAY AWAY.

Buffalo and Bison burgers, my go to now almost more than regular beef.