Bryan

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Where did you get your spironolactone tabs from? There are numerous places on the net and I don't wanna get screwed.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I used hair2go.com in the past, but they don't sell spironolactone anymore.

Bryan

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:

I can't believe how low their price was. 10 gm (total spironolactone) for about $20. Free shipping, too.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dave001 said:
Bryan said:

I can't believe how low their price was. 10 gm (total spironolactone) for about $20. Free shipping, too.
WOW!!!!!! That was cheap!!!

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan, I got a script for the spironolactone from my doctor. I can get either the powder or the tabs. If I have a hard time getting the powder from a pharmacy, then I'll just have to stick with the tabs.
If I use the tabs, I want to extract the spironolactone from the fillers. I am going to make my cream at 5% strength and I am going to make 2oz at a time. A 2oz will last about 2 weeks. I will have to have 3 grams of spironolactone to do this, so that means 30 tabs of 100mg each. How much ethanol will I have to have to dissolve this?
After the spironolactone tabs are dissolved, leaving the filler at the bottom of the bottle, couldn't I just run the solution through a coffee filter, to filter the spironolactone in suspension from the filler?
Then when I extract the solution from the filler, just put the container(without a lid) in the fridge and let the ethanol evaporate, leaving the pure spironolactone behind.....correct?
I need to get myself a gram scale.........wonder if there are any descent cheap ones online?I need to use a gram scale to insure I have enough spironolactone powder to work with after this procedure. Any advice Bryan?
Also, according to the hirtuism study.......the solution form of spironolactone pretty much failed.......do you think the ethanol perhaps ruined spironolactone? If that's the case then this whole extraction procedure would ruin the spironolactone. But that is just a thought that came to mind as I was typing this message.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Also, should I use dermovan or dermabase as my vehicle? Whats the difference between the two?