Bryan - spironolactone

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan, I am going to make my own spironolactone 5% cream. Does this look ok:

For a 2oz supply

3 grams of spironolactone
add some ppg to dissolve the spironolactone first, then add dermavan to top it up to 2 oz. Then mix well.

Does that look ok?

Is this more of a thick cream or a little thinner like a lotion? Any other things I should add to the mix?

Where do I get dermavan.........from any local pharmacy?
I can get spironolactone in powder form from my pharmacy......cheap because my insurance covers it too. :)

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Opting for the cream now huh dice? :eek:

Is the powder you get pure spironolactone? And do you think other phamacies would sell it if one could get a perscription?

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
Opting for the cream now huh dice? :eek:

Is the powder you get pure spironolactone? And do you think other phamacies would sell it if one could get a perscription?
Yeah, the cream according to hirtuism studies is more effective. The reason why I want to make my own is because it will save tons of cash for me. My hair is still relatively thick and applying the cream is difficult and I apply quite a bit to cover my scalp. If my hair were thinner, I wouldn't go through two 2oz jars of Dr. Lee's spironolactone cream a month. So, if I compound my own, I will be saving quite a bit of money. I don't know if the spironolactone powder is pure, I could probably email to find out. I am sure it is. It would be better than the pills I am sure. But this doesn't mean that I totally disregard the spironolactone solution though. I am sure other pharmacies could probably carry it. All you need is a script. You'd have to check with the pharmacies to see if they carry it in powder form.