Bryan/Prox-n users.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
I get terrible sides from minoxidil, mostly skin related stuff. I know you've said in the past that some ingredients in prox-n work in a similar way as minoxidil. Can I expect some of the same side effects?

Also is prox-n supposed to be used twice a day? Thanks

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if you should expect the same side effects. You'll have to try it and see.

The label says to use it once or twice a day.

longhair1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Nuli said:
I get terrible sides from minoxidil, mostly skin related stuff. I know you've said in the past that some ingredients in prox-n work in a similar way as minoxidil. Can I expect some of the same side effects?

Also is prox-n supposed to be used twice a day? Thanks
You can also consider bimatoprost.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
I would defiantly be interested in bimatoprost, but cost and finding a legit supplier have put it off for me. I'm hoping prox-n will help me out until some of these better treatments come available.

Jacob

Reaction score
There have been quite a few other topicals to come along since Prox-N..which has been around since at least 1998.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
There have been quite a few other topicals to come along since Prox-N..which has been around since at least 1998.

I first started using Proxiphen-N (which is what it was known as, back then) in 1995, but I don't know when it first appeared.

That doesn't say much, though, because ALL of Dr. Proctor's products have changed and evolved over the years. The Proxiphen-N of 1995 certainly wasn't the same as the Prox-N of today!

For example, Proxiphen-N used to have methyl nicotinate in it (it causes a serious burning sensation when you first apply it). It scared the hell out of me the first time I used it! :) But Proxiphen-N certainly didn't have the TEMPO/TEMPOL and PBN that Prox-N contains today. That's a big and important difference.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
For some reason that doesn't impress me. Nothing on his website starting back to 1998- http://web.archive.org/web/19981205135021/http://www.drproctor.com/ that shouts out that it's such an important difference.

I guess that's probably because there's nothing in that link about the importance of TEMPO/TEMPOL and PBN, nor have you talked to the Proctors about the beneficial effects they noted, once they started adding those agents to their products. You're simply unaware of these things.

Jacob

Reaction score
Then feel free to provide us with a link that does show "the importance"..or even the describing of and reasoning behind his changing the formula each time he has done so..if that is even the case. Every year since 1998 is available here: http://wayback.archive.org/web/19981115000000*/http://drproctor.com/

And yes, I'm also unaware of Prox working better than any other agent out there as well..because there's nothing out there to prove such a ridiculous claim. All we've got is patents, a couple of grainy before/afters..and lots of hype. For 10+years.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Then feel free to provide us with a link that does show "the importance"..or even the describing of and reasoning behind his changing the formula each time he has done so..if that is even the case.

I'm unaware of any "link" that shows anything about the choice of ingredients in his products to that much detail.

Jacob said:
And yes, I'm also unaware of Prox working better than any other agent out there as well..because there's nothing out there to prove such a ridiculous claim.

Why do you keep mentioning that to me, even though I've told you REPEATEDLY that I agree with you? Can't you take agreement for an answer? :mrgreen:

Jacob

Reaction score
I'm unaware of any "link" that shows anything about the choice of ingredients in his products to that much detail.

Nor is there anything about upgrading the products...what ingreds were switched and/or added...etc. It's all just hype floating around the forums. For 10+ years.

Why do you keep mentioning that to me, even though I've told you REPEATEDLY that I agree with you? Can't you take agreement for an answer?

Until Dr. Proctor takes down such a ridiculous claim....I'm going to keep mentioning it. We'll see if you've stopped parroting such claims.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:

Nor is there anything about upgrading the products...what ingreds were switched and/or added...etc. It's all just hype floating around the forums. For 10+ years.

It's not all just "hype". Some of it is real; for example, the stuff I've told you about TEMPO/TEMPOL and PBN.

Jacob said:
Why do you keep mentioning that to me, even though I've told you REPEATEDLY that I agree with you? Can't you take agreement for an answer?

Until Dr. Proctor takes down such a ridiculous claim....I'm going to keep mentioning it. We'll see if you've stopped parroting such claims.

I don't think I've ever "parroted" that claim.

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Jacob said:

It's not all just "hype". Some of it is real; for example, the stuff I've told you about TEMPO/TEMPOL and PBN.

Jacob said:
[quote:qiocohsb]Why do you keep mentioning that to me, even though I've told you REPEATEDLY that I agree with you? Can't you take agreement for an answer?

I don't think I've ever "parroted" that claim.[/quote:qiocohsb]

EVIDENCE Bryan..something you demand from everybody else. It all IS just hype..whether coming from Dr. Proctor or yourself. Again...there is nothing about upgrading the products...what ingreds were switched and/or added...etc. Basically the same information on his website since 1998. Patents are all he has. Plenty of others have patents for hair loss ingreds/products.

And yes you have parroted that claim. Then you go on to say you have no reason to doubt Dr. P's expertise or claims or whatever.

So we can put you down as one who says Dr. Proctor should take such ridiculous claims off of his website?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
EVIDENCE Bryan..something you demand from everybody else.

Evidence WHAT? What are you talking about? :dunno:

Jacob said:
It all IS just hype..whether coming from Dr. Proctor or yourself. Again...there is nothing about upgrading the products...what ingreds were switched and/or added...etc. Basically the same information on his website since 1998. Patents are all he has. Plenty of others have patents for hair loss ingreds/products.

You're talking about evidence for upgrading his products? HUH?? Is THAT what you're rambling on and on about? Why are you asking ME about that? Call Dr. Proctor, and see if you can get him to tell you more about that. Good God, you must have nothing better to do today, than talk about Dr. Proctor's reasons for having certain ingredients in his formulas. Sheesh!

Jacob said:
And yes you have parroted that claim.

I doubt it.

Jacob said:
So we can put you down as one who says Dr. Proctor should take such ridiculous claims off of his website?

Yes.

Jacob

Reaction score
Evidence for ANYTHING. Call Dr. Proctor? That would be evidence? LOL! He's made crap up in these forums...he'll do the same on the phone. It shouldn't take that to get such information anyway. The crap can be hyped on these forums for 10+ years..including from Dr. P himself...but his website stays the same for 13 years. My guess is his products have been updated about as much as his website.

And good..now whenever you're pushing Prox I can point to where you said Proctor should remove his ridiculous claim.