Bryan: Dr. Proctor no longer uses retin-a in Proxiphen

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
I was lurking on another hairsite Dr Proctor's posts, and I found this pearl

ASK A HAIR LOSS OR HAIR TRANSPLANT EXPERT

Question ID:9444 | Grecian Formula safety | Asked on 04/06/05

Rocket man asked: "Dr. P, In your opinion is Grecian formula, which contains lead acetate, safe to apply as directed? Also, would the use of any Retin A topicals (as in Proxiphen, Dr. Lee's minoxidil, etc) be contraindicated with the use of Grecian Formula due to the possibility of enhanced absorption? Thank you."

Dr Peter H. Proctor, PhD MD answered: "

Paracelsus, the father of toxcology sums it best: "Everything is a poison and there is poison in everything. It is the dose that makes a thing a poison".

That said, allegedly, there is not enough lead exposure from Grecian Formula to cause a problem. Don't know if Retin-A changes this.

BTW, I never had much luck using retin-A and no longer use it. Very likely, one or more other ingredients in Proxiphen do whatever it does.

Likewise, minoxidil destroys Retin-A. The early reports came from using it along with 0.2% minoxidil made relatively freshly, where this was not such a problem. L'oreal has a US patent for using the minoxidil and Retin-A separately, BTW.
Peter H Proctor, PhD,MD
http://www.drproctor.com"2

Sounds like Vera and Sapphiro are not alone about minoxidil and retin-a incompatibility.
Retin-a is still in the ingredients list of Proxiphen.