Bryan, A Question about 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg does....

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
basically, theres been alot of threds on different doses of propecia and reduced sides etc....

thing is, if u reduce the does from 1mg to 0.25 or 0.5mg, although studies have shown tht in inhibits nearly as much dht, people are claiming this shud reduce sides?

surely tho if its stopping almost as much dht, the sides wnt change hardly atall? as u get the sides because the dht being blocked.

could u tell me what you think on the matter please?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I certainly agree. Both side-effects and desired effects are going to be proportional to DHT reduction.

Frankly, I take with a grain or two of salt what people say about so-called "shedding" (whatever that is). You hear all kinds of goofy claims on these sites. "I started shedding after I scratched my butt really hard."

Bryan

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Well, I certainly agree. Both side-effects and desired effects are going to be proportional to DHT reduction.

Frankly, I take with a grain or two of salt what people say about so-called "shedding" (whatever that is). You hear all kinds of goofy claims on these sites. "I started shedding after I scratched my butt really hard."

Bryan

Lol, exactly. Example: I dated a red head JUST as the same time my hair was falling out. Clearly dating red heads makes your hair fall out.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily, no. If finasteride only lowered DHT, then that would be one thing. But it has lots of other effects-- side effects, if you will-- that don't necessarily appear at the same dose that's required to protect your hair.

At least I hope.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
So what else do you think it does, other than lower DHT?

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply bryan. i been shedding alot of hair recently. same amount constantly everyday. def more than 150 altogether with the bath, the hair brusing, the minoxidil application, sleeping. if it stopped falling out id be happy to maintain.