Brushing hair question

jasinfla

Established Member
Reaction score
This is probably a waste of a topic but just curious about this...I typically brush my hair forward, have always did it, but I have this part of skin that shows up in the center of my head going back to my crown area & it's not like I'm intentionally parting it down the middle of my head, it just shows up. Also I notice that my hair in that area, possibly my roots on the left side of this part, seems like the hair is much shorter in that area opposed to where it gradually goes out from there, getting thicker. Also if you look on a side view of my head, it looks like a dip in the back. I find myself touching my hair on the left side of the part & I see little slits of skin showing up between my hair...I don't know, does this sound natural to anyone or could it be a balding process? Thank you.

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Best to post some pictures.

Do you have members in your family who have male pattern baldness?
How old are you?
What's your weight?
What's your height?
Are you in college?
Do you work in an office?
How active are you physically?
how would you describe your eating habits?

jasinfla

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Freakout, thank you for the reply. I think what might be going on is maybe the tension of hair on my side might be making my part area a little more exposed, not sure. To answer the questions, I'm 36, 6'1, 129lbs, not really too much male pattern baldness an immediate family, work in an office, try to be more active but don't get too much time and not in college.

Is it natural to have a part in your hair & where it is, the hair maybe showing more parts of skin in there in the midst of my hair?

jasinfla

Established Member
Reaction score
Np, yeah those are the genes that I was dealt with for my weight, height and I live in the U.S.

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair loss is caused by several factors. It's easy to just tell you to apply some hair loss treatments. But ot's really best to have some blood work with a medical professional to make sure it's not "androgenetic' or male pattern baldness since it does not seem to run in your family. Is it ok to ask what kind of work you do exactly?

DM5sadouche

Reaction score
jasinfla said:
Np, yeah those are the genes that I was dealt with for my weight, height and I live in the U.S.

Speaking of blood work you may want to have your thyroid checked. You are extremely thin for your height. Just sayin.

jasinfla

Established Member
Reaction score
Sure I'm a graphic designer and I actually had some blood work done recently, especially the thyroid area, and it turned out good. My wife told me that I don't know what thinning hair is & I don't have it and maybe it's true about my knowledge & what I have maybe not thinning, it's just seeing a bit of skin to the right of my part area through my hair...tough to describe, sorry. Thanks though guys, I greatly appreciate it! :)

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score

jasinfla

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks freakout, very interesting read, thank you. Yeah, what's crazy, I think, is that I went to a dermatologist back in January and she said that my split thing is normal but since I went, it seems like my hair might think it will respond by possibly thinning along my part line in my crown area. Do you know, along a part line, is it natural for the hair be a little small, thinner or less denser to the side of a part line? Thank you.

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If its on the upper temples (top frontal sides), its possible. they call it the 'mature line'.

Pictures will definitely help to get more responses and opinions to your question.