Brushing and dandruff

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I don't have noticeable dandruff in the sense that you wouldnt see it if you looked at me and it doesnt come off on my clothes or anything, but I noticed if I part my hair and look close, I have tons of dandruff close to my scalp... is this normal for most people (dandruff on the inside that you dont notice unless you are really looking?)? I use nizoral 3 times a week etc, so I don't know why I would have so much dandruff....Tricomin and emu oil are my only other topicals...could these be causing dandruff-like build up? Also, since I began my hair-recovery battle, I brush my hair much more gently then I use to, and I never "scrape" the scalp with my brush...perhaps this is why I have build up...do i need to brush more vigorously? Thank you.

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
I was under the assumption from many of the users on this board that emu oil is commonly used in conjunction with topicals like tricomin in order to have it penetrate deeper into the scalp....is this incorrect?

kar343

Reaction score
that dandruff like thing is definetly build up of the products you use.Be sure to wash your scalp more cleanly after using all the sh*t.Even the shampoo should be properly rinsed out.

If you worry more about your hair loss and tend to be gentle on your hair while washing and brushing that will cause a lot of damage.Forget everything and be like what used to be when you didnt have any hair loss.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
kar343 said:
that dandruff like thing is definetly build up of the products you use.Be sure to wash your scalp more cleanly after using all the $#iT.Even the shampoo should be properly rinsed out.

If you worry more about your hair loss and tend to be gentle on your hair while washing and brushing that will cause a lot of damage.Forget everything and be like what used to be when you didnt have any hair loss.
I heard you should always comb your scalp and hair after a shower to remove the build up.that stuff can clog poors and cause hair loss

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm...stylists the world over say NOT to brush your hair after a shower because water weakens the hair shaft and causes breakage etc....so whats the story here? Thanks.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
Ouroboros said:
Hmm...stylists the world over say NOT to brush your hair after a shower because water weakens the hair shaft and causes breakage etc....so whats the story here? Thanks.
well sh*t if it weakens the hair shaft the hair is gonna fall out anyway right? might as well comb it out.