Bruce lee, Need advice with propecia problems

heymansup

Reaction score
Hey,

I went on propecia for about a month and experience pain in the balls, loss of erections, and watery semen. I have been off of propecia now for about 3 weeks actually probably a little longer. I still have all the same side effects. I was wondering if and how long it could take for my former self to come back. Oh yeah and i am only 21. Thankyou

heymansup

Reaction score
Anyone can reply to this. I have looked around everywhere to find if anyone else has had these problems, but its hard when every site that comes up is to sell you propecia. I find it weird especially that i have only been on it a month.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
maybe take a quick visit to your doctor, he/she might know some answers while your waiting...

G

heymansup said:
Hey,

I went on propecia for about a month and experience pain in the balls, loss of erections, and watery semen. I have been off of propecia now for about 3 weeks actually probably a little longer. I still have all the same side effects. I was wondering if and how long it could take for my former self to come back. Oh yeah and i am only 21. Thankyou

These are very common side effects of propecia. I wish I had real hard data on how long it might take to right yourself.

You might want to take some supplemental arginine to help jump start your recovery. I would recommend 2 Gms per day for awhile, either one hour before sex or at bedtime.

Hang in there and good luck.

TheHamburglar

Reaction score
Mr. Lee,

I have a question for you....I am 22 I have been on Propecia for about 2 months. I went to my derm. because I started to see my hair thinning a little. My derm. put me on Propecia because she said that I show very very early signs of male pattern baldness(I have a couple of short hairs along my hairline) and it would be best to catch it early than wait until I'm really balding. I was wondering if I should add Minoxidil to help in growing back some of my frontal thinning, or should I just wait to see what happens with the Propecia? I am still going through the shedding phase of using Propecia. Thanks for your help.

G

TheHamburglar said:
Mr. Lee,

I have a question for you....I am 22 I have been on Propecia for about 2 months. I went to my derm. because I started to see my hair thinning a little. My derm. put me on Propecia because she said that I show very very early signs of male pattern baldness(I have a couple of short hairs along my hairline) and it would be best to catch it early than wait until I'm really balding. I was wondering if I should add Minoxidil to help in growing back some of my frontal thinning, or should I just wait to see what happens with the Propecia? I am still going through the shedding phase of using Propecia. Thanks for your help.

If your hair loss is indeed minimal, I see no harm in waiting to add minoxidil. You MAY want to try using NANO shampoo and alternating that with Nizoral shampoo say every third day.

Good luck.

TheHamburglar

Reaction score
What is Nano Shampoo? Should I use the Nizoral 1%?

If I use the minoxidil 5% I should apply it twice a day morning and at night. I workout in the morning so, if I appy it before I workout will it come off when I sweat?

Thanks Bruce!

G

TheHamburglar said:
What is Nano Shampoo? Should I use the Nizoral 1%?

If I use the minoxidil 5% I should apply it twice a day morning and at night. I workout in the morning so, if I appy it before I workout will it come off when I sweat?

Thanks Bruce!

Check out Dr. Proctors website for more on NANO shampoo. Yes on the twice a day if you can make it work. I believe it WILl come off with the sweat and be quite gross.

Nizoral 1% is the deal!!

:D

TheHamburglar

Reaction score
Bruce,

I got a couple more questions. I bought the Nizoral but, it says its for Dandruff....I dont have Dandruff...should I still use it?

I am going to buy the Nano shampoo and condish but, will it help with my hairline and the top part of my head....thats where I notice that my hair is kinda thinning? Have a lot of people seen positive results with Nano?

Thanks for the help.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
nizoral does more then eliminate dandruff, it is an antiflamitory shampoo for the scalp. Its important to use it.

G

TheHamburglar said:
Bruce,

I got a couple more questions. I bought the Nizoral but, it says its for Dandruff....I dont have Dandruff...should I still use it?

I am going to buy the Nano shampoo and condish but, will it help with my hairline and the top part of my head....thats where I notice that my hair is kinda thinning? Have a lot of people seen positive results with Nano?

Thanks for the help.

See answer above on Nizoral and other "dandruff shampoos."

Re: NANO, it might help, can't hurt.

TheHamburglar

Reaction score
Bruce....should I use the Minoxidil with the Nano nizoral combo....or would that be overkill? If I do use the minoxidil I would only be able to use it at night, would I still see results with just one application a day?

G

TheHamburglar said:
Bruce....should I use the Minoxidil with the Nano nizoral combo....or would that be overkill? If I do use the minoxidil I would only be able to use it at night, would I still see results with just one application a day?

I am a big fan of minoxidil. There are some learned opinions that suggest that yes, once a day is fine.

I would say, go for it!

:lol:

TheHamburglar

Reaction score
Bruce....I am so undecide on what to get I have read good stuff about Folligen and Nano......I know that you use both but, which one do you think is better for thinning hair and regrowth in conjunction with Minoxidill and nizoral?

G

TheHamburglar said:
Bruce....I am so undecide on what to get I have read good stuff about Folligen and Nano......I know that you use both but, which one do you think is better for thinning hair and regrowth in conjunction with Minoxidill and nizoral?

Folligen by a wide margin.

TheHamburglar

Reaction score
Bruce....Okay just ordered the Folligen.

Here is my regime which I will start once my Folligen arrives

Sunday, Monday, and Tue: Folligen shampoo/conditioner. apply folligen cream and spray after shower

Wed: nizoral/Tgel conditioner. apply folligen cream and spray after shower

Thrus and friday: Folligen shampoo/conditioner. apply folligen cream and spray after shower

Sat: nizoral/Tgel conditioner. apply folligen cream and spray after shower

Every night I will apply 5% Minoxidill

What do u think?