Brogains Story 5 Years Of Hair Loss / 2 Years Of Hair Gain

Brogain

Reaction score
I have been noticing that my hair has been receeding since 2006. It has been a gradual process but as off September 2010 I have started to do somthing about it. The pictures I have included were not specially taken to show hairloss but were just holiday snaps which I have cropped. From this point on I will start to take more uniform photos which I will update on a two monthly basis.

I have been taking propecia since September and using Nizoral every three days. I am going to start using Minoxidil at the end of the month (althogh I have yet to decided which one I will be using). I already think my hair has got thicker with 8 months of Propecia use but now I want to see If I can grow some back using Minoxidil.

So feel free to follow my journey.

March 2006
[attachment=6:jy5usxwh](1) March 2006.JPG[/attachment:jy5usxwh]

March 2008
[attachment=5:jy5usxwh](2) March 2008.JPG[/attachment:jy5usxwh]

March 2009
[attachment=4:jy5usxwh](3) March 2009.JPG[/attachment:jy5usxwh]

March 2010
[attachment=3:jy5usxwh](4) March 2010.JPG[/attachment:jy5usxwh]

October 2010 - One month after starting Propecia
[attachment=2:jy5usxwh](5) Oct 2010.JPG[/attachment:jy5usxwh]

January 2011 - Side note one of the happiest days of my life (not hair related)
[attachment=1:jy5usxwh](6) Jan 2011.jpg[/attachment:jy5usxwh]

June 2011
[attachment=0:jy5usxwh](7) March 2011.JPG[/attachment:jy5usxwh]

Attachments

• (1) March 2006.JPG
    (1) March 2006.JPG
    248.7 KB · Views: 1,211
  • (2) March 2008.JPG
    (2) March 2008.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 706
  • (3) March 2009.JPG
    (3) March 2009.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 668
  • (4) March 2010.JPG
    (4) March 2010.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 762
  • (5) Oct 2010.JPG
    (5) Oct 2010.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 684
  • (6) Jan 2011.jpg
    (6) Jan 2011.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 727
  • (7) March 2011.JPG
    (7) March 2011.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 1,084

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: Brogain's Story - 5 Year Photos

Thanks for sharing. Will follow.

JWM

Reaction score

Looks like you had a hair transplant in one of the pics.

Brogain

Reaction score

Hahaha really which picture?

Perhaps someone gave me a hair transplant while I was asleep. Other than that I would probably have remembered it :)

I thought Brogain was pretty creative too.

Brogain

Reaction score

Just a quick update as its been a while!

I finally added Minoxidil to my regimen. I am using Rogaine Foam AM and Kirkland Liquid PM. I am only treating the affected area of my hairline as the rest of my hair remains very thick.

I will be taking pictures every three weeks to monitor my progress with Minoxidil.

Brogain

Reaction score
Re: Brogain's Story - 6 Year Photos *UPDATED*

Time for another update!

Here is a series of pictures which I have been taking every three weeks over the past two months of using Minoxidil. I defiantly think that the Minoxidil is growing hair in my temples which I had previously lost. I have also included a set of photos for the past 6 years so you can see my hair loss history.

I started using Minoxidil on the 21st July. On the 1st August photo you can see how the shedding has had an effect on the thickness of my hair. In the past six weeks I have noticed a real decrease in shedding and my hairline is getting thicker and easier to style. Let me know what you think guys!

Im as happy as larry right now as it feels like I am making improvements.

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 909
  • 6 Years.jpg
    6 Years.jpg
    916.5 KB · Views: 719

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score

Wow, seems like minoxidil is helping more than the finasteride!!

Brogain

Reaction score

If this is what Minoxidil can do in two months I can't wait to see what my hair is like at six months!

They really should not put that it is only for the crown on the bottle. I understand this is because the crown was the only place it was tested in the clinical trials. I brought a bottle of Rogain three years ago and then returned it when I read it was not for use at the temples. How stupid I was!! I should never have waited to get on this stuff :)

I would like to stop Propecia but feel it would be detrimental to my progress even though it has not done much in terms of regrowth.

Brogain

Reaction score

Three months to the day since I started minoxidil to my temples and I couldn't be happier!

My hairline is filling in nicely!!! :)

I will continue taking pictures every three weeks over the next year to monitor progress.

Brogain

Reaction score

Checking in at the five month mark. Hair still looking great!! I've been a little relaxed as far as my regimen goes in the past couple of weeks with work and travel. However, this does not seem to have impacted on my hair which is still improving!

Will update photos over the Xmas hols :)

Brogain

Reaction score

Time for a new year update.

My hair is now extremely thick and the hairline has almost completely filled in. I am amazed at how much hair I have managed to grow back and just how good my hair looks now compared to before.

I had to take some passport photos yesterday, and comparing my hair now to when I was 16 there is almost no difference. I find this amazing considering the history of male pattern baldness in my family and how bad my hair was looking after going through the initial Minoxidil shed (see August 2011 photo).

All I can say is that my regimen is pretty solid right now. Consistency is absolutely key! It's the only way to know if you are getting results or not from the treatments.

Comments and questions welcomed.

Attachments

• P1040141.JPG
    P1040141.JPG
    499.6 KB · Views: 478

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No disrespect but your hairline looks like it was created via a transplant. It's so linear. :shock:

Brogain

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to make of that comment....Is that a good or bad thing?

I most certainly have not had any hair transplant! Although I would consider one if my hair was was very thin.

Your seeing a very close up shot of my hairline. I am trying to keep the photos consistent so I can establish if the meds are working. Perhaps the angle I am taking photos at is making my hair look "linear".

Bit confused to be honest :dunno:

Brogain

Reaction score
Wow it's been a very long time since I logged on here... Who would care for an update two years on since my last one?

Reaction score
I'd love an update. You've been on finasteride for a while, it'll be interesting to see if you've maintained.

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
update biatch ! :D
srsly , your pics (with dates) have been very easy to read and a pleasure to follow.
would love an update (add the pic to that earlier compilation you made if you can , so we can keep the overview and see the progress)

Brogain

Reaction score
OK guys.

I am going to post an updated photo tomorrow. I just wanted to wait until I have some natural day light tomorrow to take a snap as its much easier than under artificial lighting to take a shot.

First I thought it would be good to give a quick summary of my regime and story so far. Earlier photos can be found at the beginning of the thread so I wont repost any of those.

2006 - Started to notice receding hairline
September 2010 - Started Propecia (1mg daily) and Nizoral
March 2011 - Started using Minoxidil (Rogaine but switched to Kirklands Foam later)
November 2012 - Changed to 0.5mg Propecia daily

So I have pretty much consistently kept the above routine of the big 3 to date. In the early days I would never miss an application or dose but over time I have become a little more relaxed and not so worried if i miss 1-2 of these per week.

This forum was a great source of info back when I was looking for information on how to tackle male pattern baldness. I have thankfully been able to pretty much maintain to my relief so I thought it would be good to come back on here and give back to anyone seeking the kind of advice I needed four years ago.

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
OK guys.

I am going to post an updated photo tomorrow. I just wanted to wait until I have some natural day light tomorrow to take a snap as its much easier than under artificial lighting to take a shot.

First I thought it would be good to give a quick summary of my regime and story so far. Earlier photos can be found at the beginning of the thread so I wont repost any of those.

2006 - Started to notice receding hairline
September 2010 - Started Propecia (1mg daily) and Nizoral
March 2011 - Started using Minoxidil (Rogaine but switched to Kirklands Foam later)
November 2012 - Changed to 0.5mg Propecia daily

So I have pretty much consistently kept the above routine of the big 3 to date. In the early days I would never miss an application or dose but over time I have become a little more relaxed and not so worried if i miss 1-2 of these per week.

This forum was a great source of info back when I was looking for information on how to tackle male pattern baldness. I have thankfully been able to pretty much maintain to my relief so I thought it would be good to come back on here and give back to anyone seeking the kind of advice I needed four years ago.

Great :) hope too see if you maintained