BrofistPowerHug's Story

BrofistPowerHug

Reaction score
Sup guys(and gals?) I'm a 21 year old male who up until last April tried to come out of his shell and tried to date but then something happened.

Something evil.

A BALD SPOT!

Yes, after a long time of being not too sure as to what's happening back there I saw it! A pretty big bald spot that made me cry.

Now, up until that point I knew my hair in that particular area was thinner than the rest because it's been that way since I was pretty young.

Ever since I was young(around 9 years old) I had long hair that needed tender loving car but since I was lazy I didn't treat it right and it developed a lot of knots so every time I brushed my hair quite a bit was pulled out.

This happened until I was 18 years old and buzzed my hair and have kept it pretty short since except for last year when it grew to shoulder length.

Now let's go back to April, I was taking pictures for my Facebook page when I decided to snap a pic of my scalp....that was a mistake.

So since April I haven't tried meeting and other than going to work(wearing a hat of course) I don't go outside(and when I do I wear a hat).

I've also been buzzing on the lowest possible setting and also shaving it.

I've been to a dermatologist who had me to some blood tests and I have the results but haven't seen a doctor yet to explain them to me(quite a few of the results there are bold what ever that means) but I see no point since this is clearly male pattern baldness.

The annoying thing is that my parents never bothered to tell me "hey, you've been losing hair maybe you should see a doctor) and they say what's on their mind, they don't BS.

My Dad has hair except for a bald spot, but I'm not sure how long he's had it right now he's 62 years old, my mother has hair(obviously) so does my grandmother, my grandfather on my mother's side, her brother had hair(he passed away several years ago) his son has hair, my great grandfather, the only picture of him that exists shows him as a very old man wearing an old fashioned hat so I can't tell if he was rocking a horseshoe.

When I confronted my mother what she said seemed to indicate no previous baldness in family members.

Ever since I found out I've been thinking about all the times I went outside without a hat, and every time I feel a pinch in my heart.

The only person who ever said "hey man you're balding" was a friend of mine and that was almost 3 years ago.

Also as for as I remember I never woke up and found an abnormal amount of hairs on my pillow.

Right now I'm rocking a shaved head, I think it looks good and when I showed up for work hatless feedback was good.

But my confidence is still shaky and I feel like no girl around my age will be interested and even if such a girl exists she belongs to a tiny group who don't care so much about hair, and that is depressing.

Anyway, sorry for the extremely long post I just let everything out.

attached are pictures of me throughout the years and of my father.

Thanks to those who sat through my long *** post, I appreciate it and I hope I opened this topic in the appropriate forum.

Attachments

• Sept 2005.jpg
    Sept 2005.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 1,125
  • March 2008.jpg
    March 2008.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,076
  • August 2009.jpg
    August 2009.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 168
  • April 2010.jpg
    April 2010.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,064
  • August 2010.jpg
    August 2010.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 140
  • Dad March 2008.jpg
    Dad March 2008.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 168

fab4fan

Reaction score
You're going to be fine. Do what you can to establish a routine to try and fix your hair. Give it a chance to work (6 months or more), and if it doesn't, try something new. Try very hard not to think about it too much. If I could be my age and have nice hair, or your age and be bald I'd take the later. You'll find girls. You'll find great girls. It will happen. Be confident. Make eye contact. Be funny. Have good teeth, a nice smile, and good shoes. (Personally, I don't get the shoe thing but women love them.) I feel like going on, but I'll stop. (It was a silly, vapid, tart who made me look at my hairloss and I spent about 6 weeks feeling awful about myself. As soon as I fixed my attitude, another came along.) Mostly wanted to say, I'm with you buddy. Go out and have some fun!!! Now!!!

f4f

BTW, I can't tell anything from your pics.

BrofistPowerHug

Reaction score
I Apologize for the long post, I know people don't like walls of text

Sup, It's been almost 3 months since I posted this and I'd like to update.

So first off, no noticeable change since april(I think) in hairline and crown.

I still feel hairs in the back there but they're sparse and very very short.

I decided way back when I first found out that my crown is see through not to get on any pills or creams or shampoos or whatever.

I'm not a wealthy man, I come from a middle class family and work odd jobs but don't have a steady one and live hand to mouth.

Now, I know that what worries most men who lose hair in their early 20's is how women will perceive them.

In my case it wouldn't matter much if a girl wouldn't date me because even if she gets past my hideous deformity(because a shaved head is a deformity right guys?) she'll most likely be turned off by my existence and way of life, because like I mentioned I'm not someone who wants to be "someone" and is just trying to get by.

And as we know such a way of life isn't a very attractive quality because people look for stability and security which is something I can't offer.

So anyway, I just shave my head once in a while, I am happy though because I've been getting nothing but positive comments about my shaved head.

Everyone I met thinks it looks good, I think I look good, hell even a girl I used to work with made a "cool" face the first time she saw me shaved.

Here are some pics of my current situation I decided to post before shaving today, you can see my crown has almost no hair.

Losing hair sucks, especially when your father only has somewhat thin fluffy hair and a bald spot in his 60's, and no apparent history of hair loss in the family but I believe it's not the end of the world.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 151
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 148