Brian Molko (lead singer of Placebo)

Constantine

Reaction score
I've been watching this guy over the years, and he's obviously had some hair problems. Below you cand see some pics .

What do you think? Hair transplant? Meds? Hair system?

[attachment=6:2pgwww51]1999.jpg[/attachment:2pgwww51]

[attachment=5:2pgwww51]2001.jpg[/attachment:2pgwww51]

[attachment=4:2pgwww51]2002.jpg[/attachment:2pgwww51]

[attachment=3:2pgwww51]2003.JPG[/attachment:2pgwww51]

[attachment=2:2pgwww51]2005.jpg[/attachment:2pgwww51]

[attachment=1:2pgwww51]2009.jpg[/attachment:2pgwww51]

[attachment=0:2pgwww51]2010.jpg[/attachment:2pgwww51]

Attachments

• 1999.jpg
    1999.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 12,984
  • 2001.jpg
    2001.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 9,619
  • 2002.jpg
    2002.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 9,043
  • 2003.JPG
    2003.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 9,385
  • 2005.jpg
    2005.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 11,773
  • 2009.jpg
    2009.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 6,883
  • 2010.jpg
    2010.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 9,495

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He looks girly...The second pic clearly shows some thinning.Maybe he is using a piece.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Man i LOVE Brian Molko! He was like my hero when I was about 16 hehe :)

I dunno about his hair.. I never really thought about it. It does look a little bumpy at times in those pics but I can't tell.

male pattern baldness should never affect someone as cool as Brian Molko ._.

Constantine

Reaction score
hey guys, stop the nonsense with the hair being under direct light. i know what thick hair looks like. he was obviously thinning. look very closely at the pics from 2000 and 2003( that is pics 2 and 4). Then look at the ones from 2005, 2009 and 2010. Are you telling me that a guy with thinning hair like that can have long thick hair out of nowhere? He's obviously had something done to his hair. I just can't put my finger on it. And don't get me wrong...i have nothing against the guy. On the contrary, Placebo has been my favourite band for years now. The interesting fact is that i find his hair loss similar to mine and it would mean a lot if i knew the treatment or procedure he used to fight this problem. Or could it be just a wig or concealer? From what i know about him i hardly think that this is the answer.

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score
Ain't he under a direct spotlight? Or am I seeing wrong? That's not nonsense. Yeah the hair seems thicker on the other photos but that lighting thing could made illusion of thin hair in the 2nd one. Lighting is different in every photo. Part or spike your hair, move under a direct spotlight. You're guaranteed to see some scalp shining.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Last pic looks like a wig. I'm sure its pretty common in the rock world.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^^^Very common in Hollywood too....You hardly see any actors with crown hairloss or for that matter hairloss anymore.Most of them have shaved heads or cover up their loss with something[wig or toppik].Only some Brits and a few character actors choose to not use any of these.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Wow, it's mad isn't it. And I would have never thought anything of it, I would have never even suspected he is wearing a wig or that he might have had hair problems.

It just goes to show that no-one is immune.. man I hate male pattern baldness!

Hoppi

Reaction score
And aw listen to this from another forum (I hope the anonymous poster doesn't mind, it was from a couple of years ago on a forum I know nothing of and found through Google!):

"Now Placebo are who got me into dark drug induced sexually charged music and I will always love them with all my of my little black broken heart but seriously, I saw them a good few years ago and Bri was deffo more than thin on top - there was nothing there! And yet now he has some sort of strange black patch on his head - Is this the spray on stuff? Maybe I should get some for my Dad?

Should he accept it and do the bald thing? Would it make him any less sexy? I don't want this to be a bitchy thread, far from it. I see the reason he tries to keep it covered, but he really can't any more. I'll always love you Bri however hairy you are x"

aw :) hehe

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well for him long hair is a symbol of his individuality...If you take any of the lead singer from a Rock band,majority of them have had long hair and thats what attracts all the chicks.

Take away his long hair,he wont attract a lot of the younger fans.

cuebald

Reaction score
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG

him and Manson probably do a bulk buy together

s.a.f

Reaction score
:stupid: LOL
But yeah anyone watched the BBC series 'I'm in a rock band'? They interview some of the legendary band members from the 60's 70's and 80's. And the interviews are shot at real close up levels.
Some of the older guys have hair that even most 17 yr olds could'nt grow and no signs of even greying let alone hairloss. Johnny Marr for instance looked like an obvious wig to me. Even slash from guns and roses you could see that his facial stubble was white and his skin looked old and yet he had a crazy mop of perfectly shiney healthy looking hair.
Fact is I've seen guys in their 50's and 60's in real life with NW1's but never any with perfect hair that looks like that of a teenager and can be grown down past their shoulders.

Boondock

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's a wig or some big time concealer.

In fairness to the guy, could you imagine him bald? He's not a guy the look would suit, to say the least.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
:stupid: LOL
But yeah anyone watched the BBC series 'I'm in a rock band'? They interview some of the legendary band members from the 60's 70's and 80's. And the interviews are shot at real close up levels.
Some of the older guys have hair that even most 17 yr olds could'nt grow and no signs of even greying let alone hairloss. Johnny Marr for instance looked like an obvious wig to me. Even slash from guns and roses you could see that his facial stubble was white and his skin looked old and yet he had a crazy mop of perfectly shiney healthy looking hair.
Fact is I've seen guys in their 50's and 60's in real life with NW1's but never any with perfect hair that looks like that of a teenager and can be grown down past their shoulders.

Yea. It's complete BS, and I'd say nearly ALL of them are wearing wigs. They might not all be completely bald, but like you said - even when I was 15 years old I couldn't grow hair as nice as some of the aging dinosaurs of rock have in their old age (Mick Jagger). So they might have normal hair for their age underneath but they still wear a wig to complete the look. And some of them are probably horseshoe bald.

Ronnie Wood of the Stones has been confirmed to be bald.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
Ronnie Wood of the Stones has been confirmed to be bald.
Really? I'd imagine that with a bald head he'd look about 110 years old!! :shock:

And Brian Moloko cant be using concealers, theres so much body to his hair and concealers just cant give that.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'd say it's a wig, never thought he had any problems...

I've heard that Slash wears a wig....but think about about it, hardly any lead singers are bald, they may have had great hair once upon a time, but they lose that all important mass sex appeal by being bald.

Bono from U2 wears concealers, Axel Rose wears a wig, ...there's tonnes that hide it.

Hoppi

Reaction score
wow even Axl.

Are you sure? It really, really doesn't look like one in most of the pictures! lol

Man this sucks, I hope I am right about equol as male pattern baldness needs to be burnt to the ground lol