Breast tenderness

Kojak85

Reaction score
Hey guy, lately my breasts have been kind of sore, like if i worked out.

but i this isnt the same as gyno right? could this soreness go away after some time`?

i would really hate to stop propecia now, but i wouldnt want tits either...
i went to the doctor a week ago to check my hormones, i told him what i feard, gyno and all that, so he took a blood sample, but i havent gotten the anwser yet.

man, the fear of gyno is really depressing me, im obessesing about it...
il tell you guys if i have it or not

Aplunk1

Reaction score
There are drugs and/or herbs that can help prevent gyno. Look into it.

Have you been working out lately?

Kojak85

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:

hey man =)

could you please name the herbs and drugs that can help me prevent it?
Il do some reasearch and see what i find, i've read about one drug but i cant remeber the name, i'l just have to do some more research

i have not been working out lately, thats what is strange, so im kiiiind of worried, but im not doing anything about it if my doctor tells me im fine, i mean he would find out if there was anything wrong, right?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Kojak85 said:
Aplunk1 said:

hey man =)

. . . but im not doing anything about it if my doctor tells me im fine, i mean he would find out if there was anything wrong, right?

If you're not up front w/ your doctor - he'll never know. Breast tenderness (not to be an alarmist) could be a precursor to 1 of 2 finasteride related problems (aka "gynecomastia"):

1. breast enlargement; and / or
2. lumps forming in your breast.

I'm not the professional on all of this - but I am one whose breasts grew markedly after 8 - 9 months of 1.25 mg of proscar daily. The breast growth was so gradual that I didn't even notice it until it was too late. Once they grow - they stay that way.

Lumps forming in your breasts is even a more serious issue.

do a web search on gynecomastia.

some possible treatments include liposuction, or taking DIM, Arimedix, or Tamoxifen.

Or - your breast tenderness issues may very well go away on their own - some finasteride symptoms are like that. they appear - then quickly disappear.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Yes, DIM (which is a natural remedy, I believe), Arimedix, and/or Tamoxifen.

Kojak85

Reaction score
hey guys thanks for replying =)

well i've cheched out some of the drugs, but they seem to be for cancer and stuff, i dont know if my doctor thinks it would be safe, il run it by him to see what he thinks

but what does DIM stand for?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Kojak85 said:
hey guys thanks for replying =)

well i've cheched out some of the drugs, but they seem to be for cancer and stuff, i dont know if my doctor thinks it would be safe, il run it by him to see what he thinks

but what does DIM stand for?

specifically those drugs are geared toward women and breast cancer - also used by male gyno sufferers. I told my GP I was on tamox and he did a pretty good double take.

here's some info on DIM . . .
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod. ... 84&tab=0#0

MJT82

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
I'm not the professional on all of this - but I am one whose breasts grew markedly after 8 - 9 months of 1.25 mg of proscar daily. The breast growth was so gradual that I didn't even notice it until it was too late. Once they grow - they stay that way.

Is this true? They will not go away with discontinuation of taking propecia/finasteride? Because my most annoying side effect with taking propecia is tenderness in my male "breasts" and I feel like they may be starting to slightly grow, or at least trying to.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
MJT82 said:
hair_tomorrow said:

Is this true? They will not go away with discontinuation of taking propecia/finasteride? Because my most annoying side effect with taking propecia is tenderness in my male "breasts" and I feel like they may be starting to slightly grow, or at least trying to.

Again, I don't to be an alarmist so maybe others can chime in on this one. But my understanding is that if you experience breast enlargement due to taking finasteride - then no, they won't go back to their normal size even after stopping finasteride. Surgery (liposuction) seems to be the most common option.

Take it from someone who's gone off finasteride for about 5 years (after only being on it for 8 - 9 months) and done a bazillion pushups and just as many bench prenches to try and alleviate the breast enlargement.

rtg313s

Reaction score
re

A lot of people complain of erect nipples/sore nipples and the like...but what does that have to do w/ actual breast enlargement? It's just the nipple.

rtg313s

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
Kojak85 said:
Aplunk1 said:

hey man =)

. . . but im not doing anything about it if my doctor tells me im fine, i mean he would find out if there was anything wrong, right?

If you're not up front w/ your doctor - he'll never know. Breast tenderness (not to be an alarmist) could be a precursor to 1 of 2 finasteride related problems (aka "gynecomastia"):

1. breast enlargement; and / or
2. lumps forming in your breast.

Lumps forming in your breasts is even a more serious issue.

do a web search on gynecomastia.

some possible treatments include liposuction, or taking DIM, Arimedix, or Tamoxifen.

Or - your breast tenderness issues may very well go away on their own - some finasteride symptoms are like that. they appear - then quickly disappear.
Did you develop a lump when you got Gyno? What symptoms, if any, did you experience? I just want to know what NOT to overlook

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Did you develop a lump when you got Gyno? What symptoms, if any, did you experience? I just want to know what NOT to overlook

Originally no - I just had the breast enlargement issues. The 2nd time I started up on finasteride after a 5 year break I was starting Arimedix simulataneously - but still felt the nipple burn about 4 weeks in. I "think" I felt a lump in my one breast also - which is when I cut wayyy back on the proscar and switched from Arimedix to Tamoxifen - which has helped things from getting any worse.

So in my instance - no lumps - just man cans.

rtg313s

Reaction score
re

I'm so worried I'm developing gyno, but I don not want to waste all the time money and effort I've put forth so far by quitting

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Does this guy have gyno (man on left):

nipples.jpg