Brands Of Oral Minoxidil (what Is Used)

spollardo

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been using oral minoxidil for over a year now with great results. However, from my last order from thailandpharmacy I got a different brand to usual (they switched what they stock it seems).

And it got me to thinking, since there are likely unregulated brands, it's possible that there's a significant difference in efficacy/amount of active ingredient between brands. From what I can see the main brands (that seem easyish to get) are Noxidil/Noxidil Forte, Loxidil/Loxidil Forte, and PIP minoxidil 5/10.

I'm curious to know what the general person here uses and if you have any particular reasons for your choice, as well as if you'd be bothered if you were forced to switch brands.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have always used loxidil forte, i remember anxiousandy saying he switched to the PIP stuff thailand pharmacy is currently selling from loxidil and started shedding, could have just been coincidence, guess we will never know.

spollardo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have always used loxidil forte, i remember anxiousandy saying he switched to the PIP stuff thailand pharmacy is currently selling from loxidil and started shedding, could have just been coincidence, guess we will never know.
See I also feel like I have had a shed from switching to PIP, as well as a worsening of sides... But it can be hard to say anything without testing it really I suppose.
Where do you get your loxidil forte from if you don't mind?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
See I also feel like I have had a shed from switching to PIP, as well as a worsening of sides... But it can be hard to say anything without testing it really I suppose.
Where do you get your loxidil forte from if you don't mind?

What sides are you getting? other than water retention i have never had any sides from oral min and i have taken as high as 20mg before, right now im only using 5mg though.

Last edited:

spollardo

My Regimen
Reaction score
What sides are you getting? other than water retention i have never had any sides from oral min and i have taken as high as 20mg before, right now im only using 5mg though.
Heart palpitations and some pains. Also easier numbness I think

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Heart palpitations and some pains. Also easier numbness I think

I have used 10mg for the majority of the time i have been on oral min but i think 5mg will do the same job so i have lowered it to that, i would try lowering to to that if you are experiencing palpitations at 10mg.

Last edited:

spollardo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used 10mg for the majority of the time i have been on oral min but i think 5mg will do the same job so i have lowered it to that, i would try lowering to to that if you are experiencing palpitations at 10mg.
Thanks for the advice! I was considering doing this. I want to see where I settle with things for though since it seems that I'm in the middle of shed.
Have you noticed any changes since switching?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I was considering doing this. I want to see where I settle with things for though since it seems that I'm in the middle of shed.
Have you noticed any changes since switching?

I haven't lowered it long enough to really be able to tell, plus my hair has been destroyed because i used letrozole trying to get rid of gyno, but when i was on 20mg and lowered to 10mg there was no difference, so i highly doubt lowering from 10mg to 5mg will make any difference either, plus the study done was using 5mg and the guy got great results from it, i would lower to 5mg personally.
Oral-minoxidil-male-before-after-3-months.jpg