Botulinum Toxin Type A for reversing hair loss

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember reading that Botox actually causes hair loss and have seen pictures of alopecia resulting from it though.. wouldn’t this also paralyze the arrector pili muscle? Wonder what effect that would have

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really think it could help, the problem is finding a doctor who does it , none in my country, will be similar with the headache botox aplication?
would be nice to do it yourself

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but how would you know how deep to go and where in the scalp

"The scalp was sterilized with iodophor, and 30 injection target sites (located in the frontal muscle, temporal muscle, periauricular muscle, and occipital muscle) were marked with gentian violet, and each injection site was 1.5-2 cm apart"

Wouldn't be hard to map out injection sites with just that information, I have a background in neuroscience and am familiar with those muscles. How deep.. yea that is one of the things I'm still trying to figure out before guinea pigging myself.

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Botox has been discussed on these forums several times before. Sounds good in theory, but I guess it's not very practical to use for most people.

Also, why do I have a vague memory, something about it not being good for hair long term?

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"The scalp was sterilized with iodophor, and 30 injection target sites (located in the frontal muscle, temporal muscle, periauricular muscle, and occipital muscle) were marked with gentian violet, and each injection site was 1.5-2 cm apart"

Wouldn't be hard to map out injection sites with just that information, I have a background in neuroscience and am familiar with those muscles. How deep.. yea that is one of the things I'm still trying to figure out before guinea pigging myself.

Will the proces be similar with the headache botox aplication?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have done it a few times. It involves relaxing the masseter muscles on either side of the face. Men apparently chew with greater force which increases scalp tension putting hair at risk and greatly increases the masseter muscles as can bruxism. Women tend to have smaller muscles that are less developed so relaxing the masseters can help change one's profile. I think that doing this plus massage and microneedling is a viable hair loss protocol. It's not very expensive in a salon. The main issue with such treatments is that you never really know if it works unless it is your only hair loss remedy. Most on here use so many things that it is hard to know what is doing what. But given the low cost, it seems like a no-brainer for people with tight scalps.

I have noticed a huge increase in pliability over the years that correlates quite nicely with hair improvement. When massaging, I can actually hear crinkling sounds which seems to be fibrous material breaking down into autophagy.

Last edited:

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have done it a few times. It involves relaxing the masseter muscles on either side of the face. Men apparently chew with greater force which increases scalp tension putting hair at risk and greatly increases the masseter muscles as can bruxism. Women tend to have smaller muscles that are less developed so relaxing the masseters can help change one's profile. I think that doing this plus massage and microneedling is a viable hair loss protocol. It's not very expensive in a salon. The main issue with such treatments is that you never really know if it works unless it is your only hair loss remedy. Most on here use so many things that it is hard to know what is doing what. But given the low cost, it seems like a no-brainer for people with tight scalps.

I have noticed a huge increase in pliability over the years that correlates quite nicely with hair improvement. When massaging, I can actually hear crinkling sounds which seems to be fibrous material breaking down into autophagy.
Sorry thanks for your meesage, its not clear what you have done? bruxism botox? headache botox? scalp botox? could you give more info please
thanks

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My sister has been using botox for years, and it's always been short-lived. Generally, it works for about 3 months – and so one might believe that if botox actually works, it would require a lot of shots to maintain new hair.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My sister has been using botox for years, and it's always been short-lived. Generally, it works for about 3 months – and so one might believe that if botox actually works, it would require a lot of shots to maintain new hair.
That's not the complete idea for MtF's because it appears that the botox relaxation of the masseter muscles becomes more permanent as those muscles wither in the face from disuse or less use. This relaxes the scalp and then HRT keeps these muscles from re-generating. Botox is not very expensive regardless. 18 percent regrowth, whatever that means though seems ambitious. In a male context, you would want to also add vigorous daily scalp massages. I can feel my entire scalp becoming less and less tight and hopefully this induces more blood flow and hair improvement. So far, the two have been correlated strongly for me.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not the complete idea for MtF's because it appears that the botox relaxation of the masseter muscles becomes more permanent as those muscles wither in the face from disuse or less use. This relaxes the scalp and then HRT keeps these muscles from re-generating. Botox is not very expensive regardless. 18 percent regrowth, whatever that means though seems ambitious. In a male context, you would want to also add vigorous daily scalp massages. I can feel my entire scalp becoming less and less tight and hopefully this induces more blood flow and hair improvement. So far, the two have been correlated strongly for me.
Hello its me again, where are you aplying the botox? could you please give me all the information that you can provide, since i mostly find headache and bruxism botox information, mostly where to put it. thanks in advice

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just found this pic on injection sites on the following website

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just found this pic on injection sites on the following website