Born with Norwood 2?

Reaction score
Is it possible to be born with a Norwood 2 shaped hairline and keep it through adulthood? I know when I was really younger my hairline wasn't straight across it was always almost like a norwood shape. I looked through kids haircuts and looked at the hairlines of people too young to be balding and I noticed that there were children with the same exact hairline as me, and I noticed it is always associated with light blonde hair. My hair is almost platinum blonde naturally and I looked back at pictures of me 4-5 years ago and I have the same hairline I do now. The pictures of me when I was really young is hard to tell because they are all grainy film camera pictures and I had long hair as a kid.

archdemon123

Established Member
Reaction score
No idea about keeping it through adulthood. I do have a friend that is a Norwood 2 and was born with that hairline and still has it like that lol. He's about 24 now. His hair is actually quite thick and very strong on sides back and crown, it's the frontal area that "has recession". But then again, it was always like that.

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
Not all hairlines are created equal...even for children. Some kids have hairlines so strong it looks like their hair is trying to conquer their forehead, but then you see others that look like they have adult male hairlines. I can't think of a time in my life where I was ever a strong Norwood 1 to be honest. Every man in my family tree is bald so I wouldn't doubt that I was born with something less than the standard NW1.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some people are born with slightly recessed temples but these are rarely FULL nw2
Most likely this is just the denial phase talking. I remember doing the same thing, looking at childhood photos of myself and convincing myself my hair was always like that.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i always had a pretty high hairline/big forehead and deep temples even before puberty but idk if i would call it a nw2, maybe like a nw1.5. as for keeping it... well im a nw5 at 22 now so yeah i dont think your natural hairline has much to do with how susceptible to hair loss you are.

Reaction score
Some people are born with slightly recessed temples but these are rarely FULL nw2
Most likely this is just the denial phase talking. I remember doing the same thing, looking at childhood photos of myself and convincing myself my hair was always like that.

That's what I thought too but I saw ones that looked just like mine I think mine was like that but with minor recession I'm also losing hair around my ears and sides too. not sure if balding or having something from my untreated thyroid disorder. I'd gladly take propecia if I had no option but I really want to know because of the side effects. I talked to my derm and he said he wanted to look into the side effects of propecia along with testing my thyroid and nutrition levels before perscribing it. He gave me nizoral 2% for seb derm. He didn't even believe I was balding when I told him

shookwun

Reaction score
their is such thing as being born a five head.

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup, I was kind of born NW2. Not with receded temples but with a fivehead so to speak.

But it really fits me and doesn't look weird at all on me.

That's why the artificial NW2.5 brought by my hair transplant doesn't seem to shock anyone.
You ever grow your hair out, Fred? I know you got the transplant and what not given the link in your sig, but have you experimented with different lengths at all? Just curious because I might go the transplant route in the future considering my 5a pattern and the fact that I could probably get some nice coverage, but I'm just curious how good the grafts look at longer lengths. The hairline they gave you looks really natural compared to my current five head lol.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My brother was born with a NW2 hairline, really strange..
He has like no temples, if I took a picture of his hairline, most people would believe he has suffered recession. Nope just a bad hairline.
I'm wondering if having a high hairline can be a genetic trait passed down, because in my family everyone has a huge forehead with strange hairlines.

Reaction score
My brother was born with a NW2 hairline, really strange..
He has like no temples, if I took a picture of his hairline, most people would believe he has suffered recession. Nope just a bad hairline.
I'm wondering if having a high hairline can be a genetic trait passed down, because in my family everyone has a huge forehead with strange hairlines.

it absolutely does. The only people I've ever seen with it have a lighter shade of blonde hair and my hair is also very very light. I've never seen it on someone with brown hair or other races