Body hair

stormshadow

Reaction score
In the event that I will not have enough donor hair when the time comes......what about body hair? I know they say it assumes characteristics of hair on your head once it's transplanted there. My question is, how much more expensive is this? And will it give the same density as donor hair from your head?

I have tons of hair on my legs, chest and around the groin (no, not the pubic area). But I am wondering, why cant they use pubic hair too? Serious question.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
I've only heard of two surgeons currently who use body hair for fue procedures, Dr Woods and Dr Jones. I believe Woods charges $8000 for 500 grafts, and Jones charges $8000 for 1,000 grafts. Exspensive, but if you have the money, better than worrying about the amount of donor hairs you'll have left and big scars on your head. As for your other questions, don't have the knowledge to answer them.

G

Ams99 said:
I've only heard of two surgeons currently who use body hair for fue procedures, Dr Woods and Dr Jones. I believe Woods charges $8000 for 500 grafts, and Jones charges $8000 for 1,000 grafts. Exspensive, but if you have the money, better than worrying about the amount of donor hairs you'll have left and big scars on your head. As for your other questions, don't have the knowledge to answer them.

I asked my hair transplant Doctor about this awhile ago just out of curiousity. He said he has done this a few times when the donor has insufficient hair on their heads to move.

In these cases, he uses the body hair as "fill in" behind the hair that was moved from the head to say, the hairline. He said that the body hair is not great looking but they do their best to put it where it wont be noticed as much.

Sounds like that would hurt like hell, no?