Body Hair Transplants - Why Are They Less Successful?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
whats the story with bht's?

ive read they dont take as well as normal scalp transplants and also there a lot more expensive.

why is this?

cheers

edit: im talking more about chest/arm/body hair then the traditional beard hair used for body hair transplants

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Unless a person has amazing body hair I don't see the improvement with this procedure.

Ravinder

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is not true I have heard about the success of body hair transplants especially where I am living in New Delhi. Only one thing matters a lot i.e. experienced surgeon/Doctor which can help you to provide awesome treatment.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
whats the story with bht's?

ive read they dont take as well as normal scalp transplants and also there a lot more expensive.

why is this?

cheers

edit: im talking more about chest/arm/body hair then the traditional beard hair used for body hair transplants

Because they are pretty much useless except for people who have already had scalp transplants,used up their donor and also used up their beard donor. Very small market so inevitably high prices for those desperate enough. To be honest if you're at the point of using chest hair its probably time to get get an SMP and buzz it all off. The other negative with chest hair FUE is that only about 50% tend to grow and they are only single hair grafts obviously, so you need at least triple the amount of grafts as in a scalp hair transplant to get a decent result.

R

ravsharan

I think Body hair transplants really works well and all you need to consult an experienced surgeon. I have seen many successful cases of BHT in India.