Body hair reduction a good sign?

balding79

Reaction score
So I've been on propecia for about 4.5 months now. And although I've seen a slight reduction in shedding, I'm still shedding quite a bit of hair in the shower.

However, I've really noticed a reduction in body hair, specifically in the stomach and lower chest area. Just wondering if that is a good indication that it's working. For others who've had body hair reduction, have you also seen good results with your hair?

astral week

Established Member
Reaction score
I've also been on propecia for 4.5 months, and I think I've seen a slight reduction in body hair. I'm destined to be a pretty hairy guy (below the neck :(), so a little reduction is probably ok. I really don't see how this can be a negative sign of how you're going to respond to propecia on your scalp.

bubka

Reaction score
its a sign that your dht is being reduced enough that your secondary sex characteristic receptors are noticing, thus less body hair, hopefully you will have results with the ones on your scalp hair

IBM

Reaction score
I'm very hairy in arms, chest, legs and in some back. I like very much to have hair in body but if i improve in scalp with side effect of body hair loss than it's ok.

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia can keep my body hair as long as i have more hair on top!

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it's funny how a lot of us experiencing male pattern baldness are hairy people. i'm not so sure finasteride has descreased my body hair but it certainly decreased my body hair growth rate, which i love!

JustinM71

Established Member
Reaction score
I've found that my eye lashes are longer and curl up. Would this be from the finasteride or even minoxidil?
Looks like I'm wearing mascara when I first wake up in the morning.
I get all excited when I see myself in the mirror.......
j/k :p

BrainFog

Reaction score
I have male pattern baldness but i aint hairy at all . just sum on legs and a few an my arms . sparse facial hair . Years ago my dermatologist said that its all about the amount of the receptors someone has and not just hormone levels . The thing is that i would expect somehow a uniformity on the number of hormone receptors in my body and scalp hair .

G

eh i'm noticing more body hair while getting results from avodart, so i don't think it means anything. i think it's just that i'm getting older so i'm getting the body hair that i'm genetically determined to get.

i don't really believe the dogma that hairy guys tend to be balder and relatively hairless guys tend to have full heads of hair. i see plenty of asian guys that are balding that have like no hair on their bodies.

BrainFog

Reaction score
How old are you Jayman ? ive heard that we get more body hair as we get older but ive seen the oposite thing as well . My father and my grandfather were hairy when young and now they have lost like 80% of their body hair . ill be 25 in a few months and still have the same body hair i had when i was 16- 17 . nature is strange.

bubka

Reaction score
yes, men do lose body hair as they age, i think it had to do with the gradual reduction of T and thus reduction of DHT, thats why generally if you have not started to balled past a later varying age, you will not lose hair, or lose more

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
its a sign that your dht is being reduced enough that your secondary sex characteristic receptors are noticing, thus less body hair, hopefully you will have results with the ones on your scalp hair

Don't lie to them be honest. They are turning into broads!!!

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
here's an interesting article:

Excessive Body Hair

ON MEN :
50% greater risk of thinning/balding if the man has complete chest hair.
70% greater risk of thinning/balding if the man has chest, shoulder and back hair.
90% greater risk of thinning/balding if the man has total body hair.

There would be some logic to finasteride etc causing reduction in body hair but increase in head on the head and reduction in body hair being a good sign that its working to make gains on the head.

bubka

Reaction score
Dblbass128 said:
bubka said:

Don't lie to them be honest. They are turning into broads!!!
no, just limiting the hormone that causes the secondary sex characteristic of losing hair and growing body hair

Reaction score

im 21 and have been on propecia for 3 months. Ive also noticed a signifigant decrease in chest/stomach hair........hopefully ill trade the cehst hair for some head hair....sounds good to me................
im 21 by the way if that matters