blow dry your hair after applying minoxidil?

G

when can you blow dry your hair after applying minoxidil. because i really cant wait until its dry from itself. not in the morning.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
helpme007 said:
when can you blow dry your hair after applying minoxidil. because i really cant wait until its dry from itself. not in the morning.

No, you cannot. By drying the minoxidil, you'd also be drying the vehicle used for absorption. And it actually takes several hours for minoxidil to fully absorb.

You can try applying it just before sleeping though. And then in the morning, you can wash it out, and blow dry your hair. I have used minoxidil once a day this way with great results... especially if you apply it to a wet head, which increases absorption by a factor of 2x or 3x.

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
dont blow dry, i even avoid going close to fans when i sleep. Im afraid it could dry it too quick. Just try to avoid direct air exposure blowing on your head. You should be good after a few hours.

G

but i definatley cant wait an hour in the morning for it to become dry. i simply have to blow dry it. i have to do it.

will minoxidil work a bit though or will it work nothing if i blow dry my hair?

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
helpme007 said:
but i definatley cant wait an hour in the morning for it to become dry. i simply have to blow dry it. i have to do it.

Jeeze, it's hard to estimate the amount effectiveness will be reduced, but it definitely will be lessened a great deal. Probably blow drying within the first fifteen minutes would make any application almost worthless.

Though, how about applying at night, just before you go to sleep? Wetting your head will greatly increase absorption, so it'll be like applying a 15% solution of minoxidil. That should give decent results without having to apply minoxidil twice daily. Then in the morning, shampoo your head -- like you would normally do -- and then blow it out.

G

what is with spironolactone topical and folligen. is it same for them that you cant blow dry your hair?

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
helpme007 said:

First, get dr. lee's fast drying minoxidil from minoxidil.com. Its dries in around 15 minutes according to most people.

I think this would be a good routine:

Shower and shampoo hair so its not thick with buildup.

Get out and blowdry hair.

apply minoxidil and allow it the time to dry (should be like 15 minutes for dr. lees')

than comb the minoxidil buildup out of your hair if it poses a problem to your styling. You can comb that hair back to a normal texture usually.

I have to do that when i use tricomin but it dries very very fast also. Its also not as greasy but im sure this would tend to work for dr. lee's mixnodil also.

CCS

Reaction score
buy perfumers blend SD 40B alcohol and dilute your 5% minoxidil to 20%. It will save you money, absorb faster, and dry faster, and the cost of 30% of the effectiveness. Add a capsule or two of borage seed oil so the alcohol does not de-fat your skin too much. Use that in the morning, and the 5% at night.

throw in the contents of a grapeseed extract capsule while you are at it.