blood work results before and after quitting proscar

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
I was on proscar for 2 years (dosage of 0.625 mg/day). this was 2 years back.
at that time, I made hormones blood test and now I went again for another blood test to compare the results.
here are the results:
first, while on proscar (23 Oct 07):
Prolactin: 10.4 ng/ml (ref. range 2-18)
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH): 1.72 mlU/ml (ref. range 1-13)
Luteinising Hormone (LH): 3.34 mlU/ml (ref. range 1-10)
Testosterone: 32.71 mmol/l (ref range: 5.8 = 30.4) HIGH TESTOSTERONE
Estradiol: 41 pg/mL (ref. range 0-70)

Now after quitting proscar for 2 years:
FSH: 1.6 mlU/mL
LH: 3.4 mlU/mL
Prolactin: 3.4 ng/mL
Estradiol: 28 pg/mL
Testosterone (Total): 7.55 ng/mL (ref. range: 2.4-8.3)
Free Testosterone (index): 94.7 (ref. range: 30-150)

as you can compare, my prolacin, Estradiol and Testosterone were much higher. the rest is nearly the same

I want to resume proscar with lower dosage (0.25 mg), but combined with another medicine that keeps my Prolactin and Estradiol in check (like Nolvadex).

what do you think?

SuperMeh

Established Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware finasteride could cause prolactin levels to rise, are you sure thats the cause? Just not seen it come up before and am interested.. =]

I know you might be looking for pharmaceuticals but have you thought about taking DIM for your estradiol levels? Heard many good things and less chance of any adverse sides.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
It is weird how high your testosterone gets on finasteride, but how people suffer from ED.

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
SuperMeh said:
I know you might be looking for pharmaceuticals but have you thought about taking DIM for your estradiol levels? Heard many good things and less chance of any adverse sides

what is DIM??

SuperMeh

Established Member
Reaction score
It's just a nutritional supplement, hard to get enough of it through diet though to get the desired effect, id you do a search as it's quite widely available through health stores etc.

http://www.dimfaq.com/site/toc.htm

An extract:
Elevated estradiol causes moodiness and breast pain in women and loss of sex drive in men. By promoting a healthy estrogen metabolism, DIM adjusts the balance of estradiol to its "good" metabolites. This also can result in a more desirable action fro testosterone. Testosterone supports energy and mood and helps sustain interest in sex in both men and women. When supplemental DIM is taken along with a program of regular exercise, it can help estrogen and testosterone contribute to good physical conditioning.

Keep meaning to buy some, maybe you wanna give it a try too =]