Blood Transfusion

KEVING

Established Member
Reaction score
I ask this in a previous post but i got no reply. I had a blood transfusion back in January where i received 13 pints. I wondered whether this would have increased my DHT level if the donor was a slick bald guy. What you think??

Thanks

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine that it could effect your hair for a short time. But doesnt the blood normalize to your own body? Your marrow, which is producing new blood by the day, will probably normalize that blood in a couple of weeks.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Perhaps they should post the Norwood Number of the donor on the bags, right next to the blood type.

"Nurse, get me a pint of A positive Ehn Doubleyou two point five, stat!"

G

The Gardener said:
Perhaps they should post the Norwood Number of the donor on the bags, right next to the blood type.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
OMG! Can't say that I've heard that question before! But it is a good question. Honestly I don't think that it would have made a big difference. As your body "owned" the new blood with your own hormones etc.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
KEVING said:
I ask this in a previous post but i got no reply. I had a blood transfusion back in January where i received 13 pints. I wondered whether this would have increased my DHT level if the donor was a slick bald guy. What you think??

Thanks

Kev - you're making me nuts with your scalp pain problems. I can only imagine the hell you're going through.

Have you been applying any kind of salve regularly (emu, aloe, iamin, e?)?

I don't know man - because I'm not a doctor or anything - but you've talked about a recent accident and a blood transfusion . . . .

Do you think you could have nerve ending issues? I think when people contract shingles - they get this really intense stinging pain on their skin - but it's normally along the legs somewhere. I wonder if you could have something akin to this?

Stingray

Reaction score
Only three people would get that.

c

Established Member
Reaction score
blood transfusions can sometimes cause immunity problems which lead to the body attacking itself, causing inflammation and such, if that's what your concern is.

i read that somewhere..i know that's not specific, but do a net search and you will find info.

so it is possible that the transfusion could be causing inflammation leading to loss, but don't rule out other causes (psychosomatic etc) just because i mentioned this.

i'd see a doctor if you are really concerned..obviously.

you can get supplements to balance assist with immunity prolems.

Axon

Reaction score
This is going down as one of the most ridiculous questions I've ever heard.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Man, people have such a warped view on biology. Have half you guys not gone to college or even high school? Seems like a lot of you took the short bus to school.

D.

G

The Gardener said:

I think that is the funniest post I have EVER read on HairLossTalk.com

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: