[blood Test] Low Free T, High Shbg Could Lead To Hair Loss ?

Nomask

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

first i would like to thank everyone for what you are doing through this site ! (Sorry for my poor english, i am french).

I have done several blood tests during the last month and some levels are worrying.

Free Testosterone :
2.8 nmol/L (Range: 3 - 12 nmol/L)
0.81 ng/ml (Range: 0. 87 - 3.46 ng/ ml )

Testosterone is ok :
4.90 ng/mL (Range: 2.49 - 8.36)

SHBG
57 nmol/L ( Range: 18 - 54 nmol/L)
5.4 mg/L (Range : 1.7 - 5.1 mg/L)

Ferritin: 34 microgramme/L ( Range : 30 - 400)

LH : 1.6 UI/L (Range : 1.8 - 8.6 )

Others levels shows no hypothyroidism:

T3L : 4.3 pmo/L (Range : 3.1 - 6.8)
T4L : 15.4 pmol/L (Range : 0.27 - 4.20)
TSH : 1.05 μUI/ml (Range : 0.27 - 4.20)

According to my endocrinologist everything is find o_O.

I have read a lot of posts through this site of people reporting Low Free T and i would like to hear from them if they have any improvement after increasing their levels.
Do you think i am worrying for nothing ?

I am a 24 years old men, doing a lot of sport and eating clean (paleo).
I notice that I’ve always felt emotionally, physically, and mentally weak and was very unsure of myself , even if i have no family issues, a girlfriend and i have always be good at school.

Thanks for reading !:)

Sorry for my poor english.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss is correlated with low SHBG, it's possibly the strongest known correlation between hair loss and blood parameters.

But it's not a perfect correlation.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a 24 years old men, doing a lot of sport and eating clean (paleo).
I notice that I’ve always felt emotionally, physically, and mentally weak and was very unsure of myself , even if i have no family issues, a girlfriend and i have always be good at school.

There's more to you than a few blood numbers, you might need therapy.

Nomask

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss is correlated with low SHBG, it's possibly the strongest known correlation between hair loss and blood parameters.

But it's not a perfect correlation.

Thanks for responding :) , i was thinking that High SHBG involves Low Free Testosterone and someone on the site ( nickname : Jacob) has posted a study which highlights that low T was causing an increase of DHT. (I send you the link by message).

There's more to you than a few blood numbers, you might need therapy.

I am already on therapy and that the doctor who advised me to do a Blood Test to seek for hormonal imbalance.

Thanks again for taking the time that you did to give me answers :) .

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for responding :) , i was thinking that High SHBG involves Low Free Testosterone and someone on the site ( nickname : Jacob) has posted a study which highlights that low T was causing an increase of DHT. (I send you the link by message).

I am already on therapy and that the doctor who advised me to do a Blood Test to seek for hormonal imbalance.

Thanks again for taking the time that you did to give me answers :) .

Can u post the link?