Blood presssure

poochy

Reaction score
Can using minoxidil. and or finasteride. cause your blood pressure to be a little high, because for the first time in my life it is, 135/90 which I am told is borderline on the high side, it used to be 120/80

jamesrav

Reaction score
causes or prevents hypertension?

considering that the active ingredient is Loniten, which was developed to treat hypertension, i cant see why it would increase blood pressure. The current insert in the 5% generic doesn't give much info on side-effects (other than the potential for 'rapid heartbeat'), so let me know where it says long-term use can increase blood pressure readings.

jamesrav

Reaction score
after researching a bit, it appears the rapid heartbeat side-effect (which i experience) causes the blood pressure to increase temporarily, which must be countered by taking something else. Plus minoxidil can cause fluid retention, which needs to be countered by taking something else. I was not aware of these things, i figured a blood pressure drug would lower blood pressure on its own, not require *additional* things to be taken to make it work.

Any long-term studies on topical minoxidil usage and increase in blood pressure? Are we absorbing a 'substantial' amount of minoxidil in our 1ml application, as compared to what Loniten users take? My blood pressure is exactly like the other poster, on the upper range of 'normal', despite being very athletic and restricting salt.