Blood In Semen, But Doctor Wants Checkup Before Can Re-prescribe Finasteride...

Rakoczi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doctor wants to see me again before I can get more finasteride.

But, I have sporadically been getting blood in semen. (happened about three to four times total in my life so far, it was all within a year from now. I have been on finasteride around two years.) It will happen and then it will go away.

If I report this to my doctor, I know she will take me off finasteride because she won't want to deal with any repercussions.

What should I do? I need to keep finasteride. My life already sucks, and now I have to go all the way bald?

INT

Reaction score
Doctor wants to see me again before I can get more finasteride.

But, I have sporadically been getting blood in semen. (happened about three to four times total in my life so far, it was all within a year from now. I have been on finasteride around two years.) It will happen and then it will go away.

If I report this to my doctor, I know she will take me off finasteride because she won't want to deal with any repercussions.

What should I do? I need to keep finasteride. My life already sucks, and now I have to go all the way bald?

Hair or health. Does not seem like a very difficult choice but hey, who am I?

Rakoczi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair or health. Does not seem like a very difficult choice but hey, who am I?

Well, hair is health. lol

Stop finasteride, then have unhealthy hair. Keep finasteride, keep getting random blood

Personally, I do not care about my future very much

INT

Reaction score
Well, hair is health. lol

Stop finasteride, then have unhealthy hair. Keep finasteride, keep getting random blood

Personally, I do not care about my future very much

Then it maybe time to get professional help for your depression.

And no, hair is not health.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I’ve had blood in my semen once, it could’ve happened from
When I took my razor to my nutsack and nicked myself, but it was a one and done and my pharmacist told
Me it can happen.

I think I was on finasteride when it happened, anyways this was years ago and haven’t had it happen again. Can you link maybe trimming your pubes to the times
Where you end up having blood in semen?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to go to the doctor if you have blood in your semen. It is probably nothing to do with being on finasteride. It could be something serious. You definitely need to get it checked out.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to go to the doctor if you have blood in your semen. It is probably nothing to do with being on finasteride. It could be something serious. You definitely need to get it checked out.

Agree, never heard about this finasteride side but who knows, in any case blood in semen or urine is not to be taken lightly you should get yourself checked

It can be trigger by a trauma like @g.i joey said though

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don't think it's possible to get blood in your semen due to nicking yourself while shaving your balls. Like no chance.