blonde hair systems losing hair quicker ?

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys .... do any of you find that the lighter or blonde lace hair systems shed hair quicker then darker hair systems generally ? Could it be because they are more processed due to the bleaching needed to get them the lighter colour ? What are peoples thoughts ?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys .... do any of you find that the lighter or blonde lace hair systems shed hair quicker then darker hair systems generally ? Could it be because they are more processed due to the bleaching needed to get them the lighter colour ? What are peoples thoughts ?
I've gone 5+ months .03 poly #20..... Sure, you can get a very poor quality system. But how you treat it, is the most important factor regarding longevity.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
I've gone 5+ months .03 poly #20..... Sure, you can get a very poor quality system. But how you treat it, is the most important factor regarding longevity.
yeah agreed .... i find that the hair sheds quite easily for some reason on all my blond systems but i am very gentle and look after my systems .. i do wear it longer in the front so i have to style it daily when i wake up or i look like a mess! haha.. but i just put some leave in conditioner and comb it with a wide toothed comb, which is hardly being rough. weird. mine are all full lace.. maybe poly you get a better longevity ?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah agreed .... i find that the hair sheds quite easily for some reason on all my blond systems but i am very gentle and look after my systems .. i do wear it longer in the front so i have to style it daily when i wake up or i look like a mess! haha.. but i just put some leave in conditioner and comb it with a wide toothed comb, which is hardly being rough. weird. mine are all full lace.. maybe poly you get a better longevity ?
I'd have to say Poly has less longevity. As the base stretches and ages, it becomes easier for the hair to slide out. On lace its tied, which would require breakage for loss.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd have to say Poly has less longevity. As the base stretches and ages, it becomes easier for the hair to slide out. On lace its tied, which would require breakage for loss.
yeah i guess.. its a bloody nightmare! i do think maybe my own insecurity about what the system looks like may play a part in its aging around the 3 mth mark , as soon as i get shedding and its starts pissing me off. i have to change it!!! maybe it still looks ok to others.. but to me , i feel like its not gonna looks its best, so change it! haha

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah i guess.. its a bloody nightmare! i do think maybe my own insecurity about what the system looks like may play a part in its aging around the 3 mth mark , as soon as i get shedding and its starts pissing me off. i have to change it!!! maybe it still looks ok to others.. but to me , i feel like its not gonna looks its best, so change it! haha
I feel mine looks best after a couple months. They're a tad too dense new, even at 90%. The only time I wear them out prematurely is if I scratch a certain area, repeatedly, with my fingernails.

Many people on here are on a mission to make a system last as long as possile....like a year.. and quite honestly they look awful when they do.

I've fallen victim trying to reach 3 months when I started wearing. When I finally replaced the system( which I thought looked good) I looked at a few pictures of the previous system on its last leg...and I couldn't believe I was walking around that way. Seeing it every day.. you get numb to the bald spots and the sparse hairline, that comes with age....
3 months is a safe bet...Unless you see a specific reason to change sooner.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel mine looks best after a couple months. They're a tad too dense new, even at 90%. The only time I wear them out prematurely is if I scratch a certain area, repeatedly, with my fingernails.

Many people on here are on a mission to make a system last as long as possile....like a year.. and quite honestly they look awful when they do.

I've fallen victim trying to reach 3 months when I started wearing. When I finally replaced the system( which I thought looked good) I looked at a few pictures of the previous system on its last leg...and I couldn't believe I was walking around that way. Seeing it every day.. you get numb to the bald spots and the sparse hairline, that comes with age....
3 months is a safe bet...Unless you see a specific reason to change sooner.
yeah i TOTALLY agree.. 3-5 months should be the aim for it to still look really good. i do think you are right with the though some are stretching the use of the system beyond it looking great to save money i guess. for me its more about the look and feel of the system and hair. if it looks worn out , just replace it even if its only 3 mths old! i do have a very high standard when it comes to how my hair looks, and because i get alot of complements i feel like i have to maintain it looking great at all times. it blows my mind that people say they have their system for 6-12mths .. i just cant see it personally unless maybe its a very short style and there is no brushing or playing with the hair.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not all hair systems are created equal.

Some shed easier than others using the same material if the quality of the lace and hair used and knotting method is poorer.
Also if your really rough/careless with it.
Something like fine mono with a poly edge would be more hard wearing.

You could also use a knot sealant such as Walker Top Loc.