well, I just read one's post that

blocking DHT will result something bad in brain,,

is that true?

i am not ganna take propecia if that is true,, i mean hair is important but

I dont wanna screw up my university studies

can anyone clearly answer me?

G

type I dht is found in the brain

propecia blocks a miniscule amount, like less than 1% I believe. It won't do any harm. propecia mainly blocks type II

avodart, at the prescribed dose, blocks half of type 1. we don't know the effects of this on the brain.

so propecia is absolutely safe for the brain. we are not as sure about avodart but there is no reason to assume that it's bad for it.

Felk

Reaction score
JayMan said:

propecia blocks a miniscule amount, like less than 1% I believe. It won't do any harm. propecia mainly blocks type II

avodart, at the prescribed dose, blocks half of type 1. we don't know the effects of this on the brain.

so propecia is absolutely safe for the brain. we are not as sure about avodart but there is no reason to assume that it's bad for it.

I recently said exactly the same thing about finasteride. but it's now in a discussion.

Check out the post "dutasteride and memory" in which doc077 is discussing propecias effects on the brain. Apparently the 5AR2 also converts progesterone, or something, and he has a pet theory (just speculation at the moment, if you're reading this Doctor don't worry im not freaking out) that it might explain some of the "cognitive" problems people are apparently having on finasteride.

docj077

Reaction score
Felk said:
JayMan said:

I recently said exactly the same thing about finasteride. but it's now in a discussion.

Check out the post "dutasteride and memory" in which doc077 is discussing propecias effects on the brain. Apparently the 5AR2 also converts progesterone, or something, and he has a pet theory (just speculation at the moment, if you're reading this Doctor don't worry im not freaking out) that it might explain some of the "cognitive" problems people are apparently having on finasteride.

Yeah, just a theory. If it's true, I'll be sort of pissed. I don't think I'll sue anyone, but I might demand free hair loss treatments for the duration of my lifetime from the company that makes propecia :)

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I am convinced 100% that finasteride dulled out my brain. I mentioned this in another thread... I accidentally ran out last month. And while I was waiting for my new shipment, the side effects that I had been pretending didn't exist, or at least blamed on other things, magically went away. Suddenly my dull, sleepy depression is gone. My memory is sharp again. I don't fall into these weird lulls where I have trouble forming sentences.

I had been blaming it on all sorts of things. But the only thing that's changed is not taking finasteride. The difference is so dramatic, there's no f*****g way I'm going back on this.

(Also note that these symptoms didn't happen right away, I had been on finasteride for two years and they slowly crept up on me. That's why I never suspected it was the finasteride.)

Obviously most people don't get these problems, but I just want to throw it out there... if you feel like you're losing your gourd, consider cutting back.

Now I just have to find a topical so my hair doesn't fall out. :/