"blobby" nipples

Secrets

Reaction score
Hi guys - nice forum! :)

Well, I`ve been on 1mg finasteride/day for 3 months now, and the last 3- 4 weeks my nipples have gotten really "blobby".... No pain, perhaps a little more tender than before (not sure), but no big deal.

The hairloss is the same. :cry:

So is this the beginning of "tits" :freaked: , or do you think it will pass?
I`m thinking about skipping finasteride for a week, and then start with 0.5 mg a day, but maybe something other than finasteride may be the best for me...

jeffsss

Reaction score
Secrets said:
Hi guys - nice forum! :)

Well, I`ve been on 1mg finasteride/day for 3 months now, and the last 3- 4 weeks my nipples have gotten really "blobby".... No pain, perhaps a little more tender than before (not sure), but no big deal.

The hairloss is the same. :cry:

So is this the beginning of "tits" :freaked: , or do you think it will pass?
I`m thinking about skipping finasteride for a week, and then start with 0.5 mg a day, but maybe something other than finasteride may be the best for me...

i'm in the same boat as you my friend..

I'm going to see if my Doctor can tell me wether or not it truely is gyno on wednesday.. he'll probabaly have to send me somewhere for tests etc..

i cut back to .5 of propecia per day till i know for sure.

i suspect it is gyno, if it is i may look into getting some sort of anti-estrogen drug.

rtg313s

Reaction score
jeff, I've seen your posts saying that you've noticed an increase in tissue on your pecks. What else have you noticed as symptoms. Does your chest hurt? Just your nipples? Is one nipple bigger than the other? I'm in pretty good shape, so i think I'd notice if Gyno was apparent...right now, I just have slight chest pain. My nipples have stopped irritating me

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
If its true gyno, you'll notice some stringy/lumpy material underneath the breast area. If its smooth flab, then its probably just fat.

Secrets

Reaction score
Hope you guys end up ok (good luck Jeffsss!) - too bad to get this on top of all the worries about losing ones hair! :(

I don`t think there is anything like lumps in my chest yet - but the nipples are really swollen now, and the fact that they have been like this for almost a month is something I don`t like... Could this be something that will go away with time?

I am now considering three options:
1 - quitting finasteride for good.
2 - quitting finasteride until the nipples are ok, and then try 0.5mg a day.
2 - go down to 0.5mg a day tomorrow and see what happens over the next weeks.

What do you guys think is the the best desicion?

Anyway, i`m gonna check my estrogen levels asap!

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say go with option 3. 0.5mgs of finasteride is supposedly sufficiently effective for hairloss. If it doesnt clear up in two months then you'll probably want to consider option 2. Puffy nipples are usually the first signs of real gyno. You should start some cardio as well to eliminate any fat from the areas.

jeffsss

Reaction score
rtg313s said:
jeff, I've seen your posts saying that you've noticed an increase in tissue on your pecks. What else have you noticed as symptoms. Does your chest hurt? Just your nipples? Is one nipple bigger than the other? I'm in pretty good shape, so i think I'd notice if Gyno was apparent...right now, I just have slight chest pain. My nipples have stopped irritating me

my chest doesnt hurt. my nipples dont really hurt either, they have a slight burning to them, kinda hard to explain.
the tissue is at the bottom of my pecs, and it's not terribly noticable yet which is why i'm cutting down to .5 of finasteride and took pics.

i'm pretty sure gyno can be stopped using tamoxifen (drug that stops breast cancer, many anabolic steriod users use this drug to prevent gyno)

i'm going to reserch more but i may cycle that into my regimine in some way so that i'm able to keep using finasteride at 1mg.