bleaching hair thats 1/8" in length.. think it will wor

FUK-HAIRLOSS

Reaction score
I've already begun to shave my head several times over the course of the paste few weeks.. I shave it until its about 1/8" in length or so.. a near "bic" shave.. but even this short thinning areas are still visible.. im curious if i was to bleach my 1/8 hair if it would make me look "better" and not highlight the thinning area so much..

i have a friend of mine who bleaches his hair pretty white/yellowish.. looks like a freak and while he seems to have plenty of hair, hes not the best looking guy in the world.. yet hes been with more females than this board combined.. hes a walking case of STD's but thats another story

maybe thats it!! std's the cure to baldness! take the good with the bad I guess.. give a lot, get a little.. or something

beast

Established Member
Reaction score
p.s. bleaching your hair can actually make it even more thin....that's one reason i don't bleach!

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: bleaching. I think the keys is to keep the bleach away from the root of the hair - that would seriously damage. I've just bleached by hair but stayed away from the root. Tips of the hair should be cool and not worsen your hair loss situation.

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
bleaching will make your hair break off which isnt really falling out in the male pattern baldness sense....since it will most likely grow back the same way IF you use minoxidil and/or propecia.....if u just kept bleachign and your hair kept breaking off and you werent doing anything to stimulate the hair follicles you could make your sitation worse...i know cuz i bleach my hair all the time....even if you dont get the root if the tip of your hair is too brittle from the bleach it could still break off....just dont get scared if u bleach your hair and you notice more hair falling out because the follicles are still active-even if it may temporaily worsen the situation-another thing i notice...when u put minoxidil on bleached or colored hair it further dries the hair out..making it look thicker and fluffy when you wake up but more easily prone to breakage...youll look in the mirror and say oh it looks good then down on the pillow and be like wtf so i also recommend even tho i dont do it all the time to wash the minoxidil out of your hair with conditioner before u go to bed-that way at night if your tossing and turning those few remaining precious follicles wont break as easily..lol