Black Hair And Bleached Knots - What’s The Deal

Michae lev

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I’m looking into my first system. My loss is really early, just in the hairline and I’m still able to style and conceal that completely hides it. Nonetheless I want to start with systems early so the transistion will be unnoticeable and so I can stop with the topical treatments and concealers.

The thing is I have jet black hair, which unfortunately I have read comes with a whole mess of complications compared to other colors, especially with the knots. I’ve read that bleaching the knots is tough or impossible.

What’s the deal with this? I want to have a really killer hairline, and would ideally use a Swiss lace, but it sounds like my color might be an issue? Should I consider poly to avoid the knot issue? (I’d really rather not)

Anyone with jet black hair on a Swiss that’s willing to share hairline pics, I’d really appreciate.

For reference, my situation and hair color is similar to this guys. Maybe a bit darker. I would definitely not shave off my whole head tho, I’d just get a frontal:

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Michael

You're right; with really dark hair it is hard to bleach the knots completely without weakening the hairs to the point where you get shedding. Some guys just live with that - if you have dense hair and you are not planning to expose your hairline it probably won't show much if at all. But it does get in the way of a "killer hairline". The perfectionist answer is to order your system with a strip of blond hair all along the hairline, and then dye those hairs black, but leaving the knots blond. I think that's what you will have to do. I believe some of the on-line suppliers will do the ordering and dyeing for you at no extra charge or only a very small charge, but I don't know the details (I have light coloured hair, so I don't have this issue).

I have heard of a few guys buying the whole system in blond hair and dyeing the whole thing black. That is a real perfectionist job, because i imagine it is not that easy to dye the whole hairshafts without dyeing the knots. But I am sure it's a great result.

Noah

Michae lev

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s for the info.. definitely something I should look into.

Would this be something that I could achieve with by ordering a custom system? Special requesting a blonde unit dyed black?

Would this make the color more short lived?

Noah

Reaction score
Yes, it would be a special request as part of a custom order. I don't believe the colour would last any less long.

allanzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi, you can check this

Attachments

• 182448597.jpg
    182448597.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 298

Noah

Reaction score
Looks good Allanzz; no knots visible there. Is this your own system?