Biting The Bullet, Re Growing Hair Ready For Frontal Piece

Rhysdb88

My Regimen
Reaction score
So over the last few years I’ve become thin at the front of my hairline and about 2-3 inches back, everyone around me has said it’s unnoticeable but it’s always in the back of my mind and thinking everyone is looking at me, it doesn’t help as my hair is so blond anyway,

The last few years I have gone between a completely shaved head to growing it out and using consealers to help give the look of a thicker head of hair, I shaved it all off about 4 weeks ago now as I seen a picture of my self with a light directly above me and I could have died.

But now I have a shaved head again I feel it ages me by about 15 years and I’m not ready to loose my hair completely yet.

My question is shall I carry on as I did and grow it out and carry on consealing it and have the system fitted so it’s a smoother transition, or get it done and not care what people say?

Also any tips as to any decent concealers? I was using a a L’Oréal hair root touch up spray as because I’m so blonde I find the fibres look like wood shavings in my hair and is never a true match

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a really personal thing. First of all, unless the system is a full cap or extremely SHORT... people will probably notice your suddenly, longer hair.

Me, personally, I have been growing my hair out from a completely shaved head, for about six months already. A few people have commented... but I also have told basically EVERYONE that I am getting hair next month.

It also depends on your friends, family, co-workers, etc.

Here, in Israel, if I just showed up with 14" of hair, I would be laughed at, to my face.

Instead, I am casually letting people know. It's not common, most guys here just shave their heads, and male pattern baldness, especially amongst young guys, is VERY common.

BTW, I had the same mirror thing happen to me. I was growing my hair out, for a partner... saw the CCTV camera at Lowes... and FREAKED! I had a HUGE bald spot on top. LOL. Went home and shaved it.

It's about what makes you feel comfortable. Since you are not transitioning from a slightly thinning situation to full head of hair... you don't really have the burden of hiding it.

Good luck,

Let us know what happens.
S.