bit the bullet and shaved. diffused balding *pics* for opinions

danawhite1

Established Member
Reaction score
No I take 1mg a day and I get morning wood daily and I get laid pretty often and the only time I disappointed a girl was due to whiskey dick

templerecess

Established Member
Reaction score
DUPA bro. Look at the spot right above my ear. Keep in mind I caught this early and I've been on minoxidil and finasteride since 21, and I'm 25

I actually think the finasteride and minoxidil helped this guy. If he was balding at 21, then he probably had pretty aggressive male pattern baldness. To make it to age 25 with what looks like still a lot of hair can probably be attributed to the fact that he was/is smart and caught it early. But unfortunately aggressive male pattern baldness can only be slowed down to a certain extent.

That buzzed look is pretty great imo. Probably the best looking buzz cut I've scene on these forums. I think a full shave would look even more badass though bro.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Did u get any sides from finasteride?

I actually think the finasteride and minoxidil helped this guy. If he was balding at 21, then he probably had pretty aggressive male pattern baldness. To make it to age 25 with what looks like still a lot of hair can probably be attributed to the fact that he was/is smart and caught it early. But unfortunately aggressive male pattern baldness can only be slowed down to a certain extent.

That buzzed look is pretty great imo. Probably the best looking buzz cut I've scene on these forums. I think a full shave would look even more badass though bro.

If he upped it to dutasteride doesnt dutasteride reducd hair losd by 99 percdnt if finasteride is effective for u?

templerecess

Established Member
Reaction score
If he upped it to dutasteride doesnt dutasteride reducd hair losd by 99 percdnt if finasteride is effective for u?

I would imagine, given anecdotal evidence on these forums, dutasteride may give him another 5+ years with what he has. If finasteride ultimately failed overtime, dutasteride may fail overtime as well, or may permanently succeed. I hope for his sake, the latter.

danawhite1

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers bro. I actually started balding at 17..only used nioxin products. Manned up at 21 to get on big 3. Before coming across onlije shopping i used to get my sis to buy rogaine for me at walmart. dutasteride and RU is last line of defense. Again, my pattern is dupa

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
When looking at your side pic, I can see the slight recession. It's slight. Maybe Norwood 2.1
Or Norwood 2.05

I started to panic about hairloss right around that stage. I'm at NW3 now.

Good for you that you got a handle on it early. Diffuse loss is no picnic either, but you're fortunate to still have that hairline.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
my hairline looks like his but better (i am 2 years younger but)..
diffuse thinner but fml

the day i become slick bald is the day ill hang myself

danawhite1

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking I was able to pull it off because no one commented on it yet...and usually when you have a bad haircut people will usually say something along the lines of "oh...u cut your hair!" Or something but so far so good.

- - - Updated - - -

All we can really do is get in shape and try to be as alpha male as possible with stuff we have control over

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi danawhite can you tell me how it all started like first symptoms and how it progressed through the years? I think I may have DUPA as well.

danawhite1

Established Member
Reaction score
Ur hairline won't recede too bad but the sides of your head will thin. I noticed this when in high school I tried to do that punk style hair where u spike your whole head and mine looked ridiculous . Also the spot above your ear and nape will thin out faster than your top. Do u have any pics u can upload?