Bis-oleamido Isopropyl Alcohol Seems To Be A New Promising Therapeutic Topical For Hair Loss

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
Doctor Yuval Ramot wrote something interested about this study " Promotion of hair growth by newly synthesized ceramide mimetic compound".

" Sphingolipids have been postulated to take part in the regulation of hair follicle cycling. Therefore, Park et al have investigated the effects of a new psudoceramide, called bis-oleamido isopropyl alcohol (BOI), on hair growth in several models. In an ex vivo model, BOI increased hair elongation of human occipital scalp hair follicles in culture. In addition, topical application of BOI on shaved dorsal skin of C57BL/6 mice resulted in premature anagen onset when compared to vehicle. When dermal papilla cells in culture were treated with BOI, increased levels of sphingolipids were observed in comparison to the vehicle-treated cells, suggesting that the hair growth promoting effects of BOI might be mediated by stimulation of do novo synthesis of sphingolipids in dermal papilla cells. While these data should be confirmed by additional studies, and the underlying mechanisms for hair growth should be further elucidated, BOI seems to be a new promising therapeutic topical modality for hair loss. "

The study : www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28711498
Abstract
Based on the crucial roles of ceramides in skin barrier function, use of ceramides or their structural mimetic compounds, pseudoceramides, as cosmetic ingredients are getting more popular. While currently used pseudoceramides are intended to substitute the structural roles of ceramides in stratum corneum, development of bioactive pseudoceramides has been repeatedly reported. In this study, based on the potential involvement of sphingolipids in hair cycle regulation, we investigated the effects of newly synthesized pseudoceramide, bis-oleamido isopropyl alcohol (BOI), on hair growth using cultured human hair follicles and animal models. BOI treatment promoted hair growth in cultured human hair follicles ex vivo and induced earlier conversion of telogen into anagen. Although we did not find a significant enhancement of growth factor expression and follicular cell proliferation, BOI treatment resulted in an increased sphinganine and sphingosine contents as well as increased ceramides contents in cultured dermal papilla (DP) cells. Taken together, our data strongly suggest that biologically active pseudoceramide promotes hair growth by stimulating do novo synthesis of sphingolipids in DP cells.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like you have to synthesize it yourself.

The paper gives instructions:

" 2.1. Materials
bis-oleamido isopropyl alcohol (BOI) was synthesized by reacting 2 equivalents of ultra-pure Fig. 1). After the coupling reaction, reaction mixture was worked-up by extracting with DCM and water, and recrystallized by methanol to obtain a white solid compound, which was synthesized with a purity of 99% and a yield of 82%. The structure of compound was confirmed by spectral analysis instrument, 1H -NMR and LC-MS spectrometer. 1H-NMR spectra were recorded on a Varian 600 MHz FT-NMR spectrometer in CDCl3. LC-MS spectra were recorded on an Agilent Technologics Prep. LC/MSD separations Module with electrospray ionization in positive ion mode. "

I was not able to find it already prepared online myself, likely because it is a new chemical. Do keep in mind that this will not have been tested on humans yet.

Distressed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another piece to the big puzzle? Lovely.

Honestly there's so many damn pieces at this point, I'm not even sure if we'll ever find the exact direct source of the hair loss.

Reactions: H

H

Reaction score
Another piece to the big puzzle? Lovely.

Honestly there's so many damn pieces at this point, I'm not even sure if we'll ever find the exact direct source of the hair loss.
this exactly.

I just don't understand this sh*t maybe I'm being naive perhaps but I have 2 plants mkay and when I give both plants a certain type of herbicide one is left unscathed mostly and the others health starts degrading considerably what do I do to figure that out? It wouldn't be taking both plants in and comparing the effects of said herbicide molecularly to deduce what is actually being stripped from one plant making it die in an order of some kind would it?

We need more researchers actually giving a damn about alopecia I feel this whole well let's spray this on and see what happens I get payed either way isn't working.

Last edited:

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude dude dude ... How many times should we remind the world of Androgenetic Alopecia that there are different types of hairs and dermal papilla cells, we can classify them into two separate organs.
-hair that grows with androgens (like bodyhair and MICE hair)
-hair that dies with androgens (like human and some primates SCALP hair).

This study doesn't mean jack sh*t for Androgenetic Alopecia. Unless it's able to negate the DHT effect on scalp hair like minoxodil.

But I find it weird every single research doesn't seem to make the difference. What the f*** is wrong with the world !