Biotin seems to be growing hair..

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
So I've been on Biotin (5000 g ?) for just over a month now. Every day.

My hairline has either matured over the last 6 years or receded super slow. It's gone a bit jagged (like Christian Bale's) with two small triangle bits thinning on the left side and the right has just thinned a bit (right side has always been higher).

However, I've got 3 very dark thick hair growing in the triangle bit I probably haven't had hair in the last 4 years. About 3 mm long.

I went on Biotin after seeing that guy's youtube video and read it was good for blood sugar levels anyway.

Just thought I'd add some positive results from this.

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... 087864849#

this stuff saved my hair in the 80' until I got on finasteride/minoxidil etc. Quite confidnet it worked.

See Dirk Pearson's study from Life Extension book as well

jasinfla

Established Member
Reaction score
my dermatologist told me about biotin and have been taking for 2 weeks now. Thought I was going to be seriously sick after the first day of taking it but now all fine. Probably wasn't the biotin which made me feel sick, maybe something else. Anyways lakota, thanks for the link on that, very interesting. BTW, my derm said 3,000mcg daily but definitely, I don't see how 5,000 could not work & glad to hear it working for sandyc.

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
So I've been taking Biotin for a few months now I guess. I've noticed I've got very short hairs coming out in the shower (I was my hair every 4 days usually). Thing is, I have long hair, none of my hair are this short, so maybe I have new hairs growing in starting from nothing that are going through a normal shedding cycle and coming out in the shower.

So who knows?

One thing I have noticed is my body fat seems to have gone down.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone used this over a prolonged period of time?

Some big claims on certain websites, but it all sounds a bit unlikely to me.

It might help but I can't see it being a wonder cure :dunno:

Is there much difference between taking this and MSM?

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
do you take all 5000 in one shot or through out the day? if so how large a dose and how many times a day?

topically or ingested

Do you take it in pill or liquid form?

How long until you started to notice a difference?

thanks

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
I take 5000mg in a capsule form once a day. I think I noticed tiny 2mm hairs about a month in maybe? One hair on my hairline is about an inch long now and very dark. My hairline has always had thinnish blonde hairs along it since i was really young and these that are growing are almost black.

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
I got the brand Nature's Choice from a seller on eBay. Biotin is good for you anyway so worth taking for other health reasons as well.

jasinfla

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you or did you have any crown/vertex thinning or loss before taking Biotin? I'm wondering what kind of effect that Biotin could have on that area. I think mine is starting to thin but unsure.

Thanks.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
These aren't any toxicity levels taking 5000g per day?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
sandyc said:
So I've been on Biotin (5000 g ?) for just over a month now. Every day.

You're taking 5,000 grams (5 kilograms) of biotin every day? :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
sandyc said:
I take 5000mg in a capsule form once a day.

Oh, I see! You're only taking 5,000 milligrams (5 grams) of biotin every day! :)

Palance25

Reaction score
Cool, I have a bottle of botin in my closet. I tried it for about two weeks and gave up on after I didn't relize any improvement. Since you had some results I'm going to try it again.

jasinfla

Established Member
Reaction score
Cool Palance, if you could post to tell how that works for a while, I would greatly appreciate it. I have some 1,000mcgs at home which I was just taking once (probably should have been taking twice) but I think it was causing me to lose weight. At 6'1, 119lbs, can't lose anymore but again, I'm thinking about trying it again, I bailed out after 3 weeks. Mine area is along my partline in the crown & just want to thicken that up.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just ordered some of the internet.

The thing to consider with Biotin is why are you deficient in it in the 1st place? As from the little i've read it would appear that it will only work for those who are defient to begin with (someone please correct me if i'm wrong).

Hoppi on these boards has some good ideas about healing the gut for natural remedies to work better. Thats what i'm going to do 1st, and then once I think my body is working better as a whole, i'll add the biotin and hopefully that way i'll get maximum benefit from it.

DM5sadouche

Reaction score
How does one know that one is deficient in Biotin? Is there a blood test to measure such? If not then it is just a wild *** guess. I really doubt most people in Western Countries are Biotin deficient unless they are extreme vegetarians.

m2100

Reaction score
I have been on Biotin 3mg for a few months and it seems to be working I take 3mg twice a day 12hrs apart.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the biotin is working compared to Miconazole. I might try doubling the intake. :dunno: