Bimatoprost phase 2 results

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
So BIM 1% > minoxidil 5% and more people responded to BIM over minoxidil. I think BIM should be used in conjunction with SET + minoxidil, need to target Androgenetic Alopecia from multiple therapeutic angles for best results.

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish they would try a minoxidil bim combo! But so cool that they got results. One more drug to the cocktail to take when **** hits the fan. Hopefully they will go through with it.

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look much better than minoxidil but at what cost and side effect? People can get OTC minoxidil at their grocery store cheap, assuming they respond. Sounds like we will have another 2 year round of hype and clinical trials. Bimatoprost hasn't failed to disappoint.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/Externa...yfFBhcmVudElEPTUyMDY3MDJ8Q2hpbGRJRD02MDA0MDM=

Page 16! What do you guys think? Good/Bad? Seems to be about the same as minoxidil 5%. A little better perhaps?

Apparently they are going to develop an enhanced formulation and trial that again I guess. Typical slow *** movement.

As people assumed before , The result of bim is not very impressive , As you mentioned its pretty much like minoxidil , So minoxidil is

still your golden treatment Swoop.

Although I assume combination of other experimentals can beat Minoxidil ...but only time will tell.

Good job man.

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
At this early stage, I think it's pretty encouraging to get results that are equivalent to what is still, unfortunately, the "golden standard" for hair regrowth. Maybe they can get even better results by tweaking the protocol a bit or combining it with something else.

Now if more people respond to it than with minoxidil, its safety and side-effect profile are good, its effect doesn't wane after 1-2 years and the price is right, it could be a good replacement for minoxidil.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's see how Bimotoprost and Minoxidil compare with each other when final results come in at treating patterned baldness.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
pretty interesting... so when will this bimatoprost thing be available ?

p.s.
given what they have in their pipeline it seems like allergan is a good buy if not anything else... a bit late though missed the dip :)

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
pretty interesting... so when will this bimatoprost thing be available ?

p.s.
given what they have in their pipeline it seems like allergan is a good buy if not anything else... a bit late though missed the dip :)

They will do another 2nd phase again. If it will be released you are looking probably at around 3-4 years I think.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Eh for a next gen treatment I saw barely cosmetic improvement in the pictures, but beggars cant be choosers. Anything new regardless of price or even convenience is better than nothing. The boat im in is more keeping/maintaining so I want something like seti more to simply keep hair safer than something like propecia. Also I hope CB in the proper vehicle and dose can turn out to be powerful enough to replace propecia. I have never been very fond of hormone altering drugs for any cosmetic condition. If something works well like your endocrine system why risk breaking that

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Bim and minoxidil should be a combo. They arent the same nor should be treated as such. perfect example would be the side effect of Bim is increased pigmentation, no such side effect exists from the use of minoxidil, therefore they act on diff pathways

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is in phase III now.... Is that not big news? Isn't this the first novel drug for androgentic alopecia to go into phase III in over 20 years?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's really weird. I found the below on clinicaltrials.gov. It is an Allergan Bimatoprost study for hair loss that hasn't started yet (claims to be starting in March and last updated in Feb 2016), but says it's Phase I. Also looks like they're using the same strengths as before (1% and 3%). From what I remember, they wanted to work on their vehicle before moving forward.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02676310?term=bimatoprost+hair+loss&rank=3

Could they be trying to keep a phase III under wraps and change the description to Phase III before it starts?

Let's hope man! I mean, I know people aren't excited about this but for those of us, like me, who are Norwood 2-2.5 this would be a great addition.

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
omg. they are moving back into a phase 1 study in order to try a new vehicle. this study is taking a year. if this ever comes to market, we will have to wait 5-7 years. lets pray for sm guys!

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm really curious where Nature got the phase III info though; they're very reputable, so that would be a pretty huge oversight. Is there any mention of Allrgan/bim in the actual article (I don't have access)? I can't think they'd see phase II was finished and just assume bim was moving into phase III.

Do we know 100% they're going BACK to phase I? If so.... Forgot about this lol

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im gonna watch The neverending story..

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also don't understand their move. Are they going to run a phase 1 followed by a phase 2?

Or are they going to run the two together at the same time?

Who knows something about these regulations? Is a company forced to re-do a phase 1 study before going into a phase 2 when a formulation is changed or..?