Billynohair's Story - (age 23, Questions. Pictures)

billynohair

Reaction score
Hi, Ive been reading this site for a while but never made a post.

I am a 23 year old male.

Im quite sure ive been losing my hair for a while now (year), im a diffuse thinner, not sure about Norwood though. It looks bad under bright lights! And noticable under normal light. My hair line is completely fine tho! This makes me hopeful considering the meds available are meant to work better on the top :)

I went to the doctor yesterday and he sent me for a blood test to find the reason behind my thinning hair. I have no other symptoms apart from thinning hair, so im guessing that it is male pattern baldness.

I have recently purchased "the big 3" minoxidil (kirkland) finasteride (Finpecia) and Nizoral 1%. Also MSM and a pair of clippers to shave my head down to a number 2, before starting...

Do you think I should wait a month before i start taking this stuff? Thats when the blood test results will be back for sure. Or do you think I should get on the meds, beacuse a month will cause more loss?

Thanks!

billynohair

Reaction score
Re: New Member, Questions. Pictures.

No will reply to my post? /me feels unwanted.

Any reasons? Does this look like male pattern baldness to you guys?

Any response would be nice :sobbing:

Thanks.

barcafan

Reaction score

I would HAVE to say you're still a NW1 (judging from those pics) with thinning over the top of your head. Treatments should work for you.

wotsthedeal

Reaction score

Tough to say Billy. Overall, you still have a good amount of hair, but it is clear you are thinning out near the crown/down the middle of your scalp. Probably diffuse hair loss. I agree with previous poster that treatments will probably work, you've caught it pretty early and your temples/hairline looks fine. Keep that scalp healthy.

billynohair

Reaction score

Hey thanks for the reply guys I dont think the previous pictures did me justice.

I got a new picture here, this one is of my crown. It is so noicable at the rear this picture does not do it justice. Im just wondering something...

The hairs on the back of my head they are really fine and less pigmented (lighter colour) than the rest of my head, this makes its so totally obvious im losing my hair.

Do treatments make hair colour pigment come back darker? Or am i stuck with this different lighter colour hair?

Picture of crown attactched.

Cassin

Reaction score

billynohair said:
No will reply to my post? /me feels unwanted.

Any reasons? Does this look like male pattern baldness to you guys?

Any response would be nice :sobbing:

Thanks.

Patience

billynohair

Reaction score
Re: billynohair's story - (age 23, Questions. Pictures) Update.

So i got my blood test results today, they came back "normal, no further action needed" which is not what I f*****g wanted!

On another note my finasteride came aswell from inhouse, I have to pay custom charges being a UK resident. So I will most likely get them tomorrow. I have taken pictures of my current state and will keep yo guys updated.

My uncle lost his hair around this age, and he is no a Norwood 6/7 or sumthing. Which is likely Telogen Effluvium road im going down.

My aim is to maintain what I have, since its hard to tell unless im under a light that im losing my hair.

It got me feeling really down today, I just hope that finasteride can do something, Im yet to giveit a try, lets hope it works and I dont get any sides from it :dunno:.

My current regi is...

minoxidil once per day (Green tea extract added to topical) at 9pm (Should I go twice a day?) I heard once is fine?

Nizoral Shampoo - EOD

3000mg MSM - Oral - Daily

500mg Vitamin C - Oral - Daily

As of tomorrow Im going to start on 0.5 finasteride - Daily

Thanks, billy.

ps. sorry about bumping my thread, just wanted to give an update.

billynohair

Reaction score
Re: billynohair's story - UPDATE - And Possible Game Over...

Hey guys its billy. Just wanted to give you guys an update on my progress so far.

First things first, this site has been a great help for combatting my hairloss..and since being on my regi I have kept my hair and grown so much more! You cannot even see my scalp when wet anymore apart from the top at the back! and hardly!

But this is only the good news,

Bad news is....I think I have to stop taking the finasteride.

Firstly I got ball ache, which i managed to ride out..and get it on occasions, low libido was not a problem along with ed.

I also got a lot more spots than I normally do when on it, but the major problem was the gyno.

I had gyno throughout puberty which meant my left nippe has allways been bigger than my right, but its not that noticable..the last few days I noticed it coming in my right nipple too. Its itchy and sometimes painful...but not yet enlarged and I think discontinuing finasteride will prevent it. This answers the question "If i allready have gyno, will finasteride make it worse?" YES IT WILL!

I wish I didnt have to give up the finasteride, but I can be dealing with the man boobs, I can get breast surgery on the left one from the NHS cos I live in the uk, so thats not a worry to me tbh..

I might give Revivogen topical DHT blocking solution a go, and continue taking my sups, minoxidil and nizoral...maybe I can control the loss for a little while longer.

One thing I have to say tho, is I think that the minoxidil and nizoral did a superb job with thikening my hair..and I think the finasteride hardly did much good but give me sides considering i was only on it less that 2 months but been on the nizoral and minoxidil longer.

If anyone has any advice for me, I would appreciate it.

Good luck with your fight against male pattern baldness, and thank you lucky stars if you dont get sides like me..

Thanks for your time guys, cya around.

billz.