Established Member
Reaction score
Age 23:
36-billy-corgan-01.jpg

Age 24:
max-schreck-in-nosferatu.jpg

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Shaving his head made him look like a total bad ***.

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
The only reason his shaved head worked was because he already in a dark, "weird" rock band. I have to admit he is one of the few white guys who can pull it off well.

But, he still looked better with hair:

f0482b9f24f84d48a8b3c68e3d2e958d

The problem is that he never really had a good haircut. Even a buzzcut would make him look so much better. But again, he was part of an "outsider" type band so it worked to look a bit odd.

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
The only reason his shaved head worked was because he already in a dark, "weird" rock band. I have to admit he is one of the few white guys who can pull it off well.

But, he still looked better with hair:

f0482b9f24f84d48a8b3c68e3d2e958d

The problem is that he never really had a good haircut. Even a buzzcut would make him look so much better. But again, he was part of an "outsider" type band so it worked to look a bit odd.

I agree.

blackg

Reaction score
I have to disagree. I thought Billy's looks really went downhill after he was forced to shave it.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Shaving his head made him look like a total bad ***.

The thing is that we guys make judgments about if a guy looks good or bad or bad *** or cool or whatever but we overlook the fact that what matters is how the women think we look.
I do not think that Corgan looks good in any way that matters with a shaved head in the eyes of women.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is that we guys make judgments about if a guy looks good or bad or bad *** or cool or whatever but we overlook the fact that what matters is how the women think we look.

Umm, I'm pretty sure that's all we talk about in this section. How the other sex perceives baldness and its impact on appearance/desirability.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Umm, I'm pretty sure that's all we talk about in this section. How the other sex perceives baldness and its impact on appearance/desirability.

notcoolanymore posted that Corgan looks like a bad *** when he shaves his head so I was just pointing out that we guys can think another guy looks cool or bad *** when he shaves his head
but ultimately what matters is how women feel about how the man looks. A guy that looks bad *** to guys could look gross to women. For example, I do not think that women like the way
Stratham, Van Diesel, or Rock look at all but I do think that all 3 of them look bad ***.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Dude haven't you heard the voices of vin diesel,Jason stathum..

They have stunning voices..
Attraction factors depend on many reasons..voices being one of the main thing.

shookwun

Reaction score

Um it's true.

Demeanor, attitude, and how you compose yourself matters only once you pass the physical attraction threshold. Little perks like these boost your attraction, but it's obsolete unless you pass the first test of approval. if She doesn't find you sexually appealing to the eye, everything else becomes detested, and irrelevant in the eys of being perceived as a potential mate.

Square root of everything always falls back to the book, and it's cover.

Norwood

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree. I thought Billy's looks really went downhill after he was forced to shave it.

Yep. Just look at the comments on any of this old videos from when he had hair: Teen girls saying "I liked Billy so much better when he had hair. Why did he shave it off :("

crowngarden

Reaction score
Billy Corgan was a cuter guy with hair. The type of face he has, it's a softer look that is complimented better with hair. Also because of his height and pale skin, it makes him look kind of Uncle Fester-ish with a bald head. But everyone gets older and you can't hold on to your boyish good looks forever. He was losing his hair either way so he either had to shave it off or slowly go bald. I respect him for just saying **** it and shaving it off as opposed to wearing a wig like some aging rock stars do. While he might not look as cute, he was able to transform his image into something else and it worked for him.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Demeanor, attitude, and how you compose yourself matters only once you pass the physical attraction threshold.

What the eff man, I practically said the exact same thing in another thread which made me "delusional", and you sided with the idea that attitude, composing yourself etc. is completely irrelevant.

I said looks are initially very important, once that box is ticked other personality traits are slowly taken into consideration to make a difference.

But the judging a book by it's cover analogy is interesting, but I don't see it in favour of the argument that looks are absolutely everything, because once you get into a good book you don't keep flipping back to the cover to remind you. Of course when talking to someone the cover is always present, so it's not a perfect metaphor, but the point is you look past appearances to an extent if its compensated (greatly) by content.

And that, is how some ugly guys bizarrely and seemingly inexplicably get laid. It's not a common thing at all but everyone has known at least one guy who somehow gets it regularly with decent-to-good looking women (before Fred asks no, I don't have CCTV footage as proof sorry).

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
The preponderance of a women's emphasis regarding the importance of a man's looks is rather unsurprising.

To an extent they too have a hit list of pre/requisites they like to cross-check, compare and check off. Many women assume (rightfully so)
or take it for granted that her prospective partner won't quite meet their

criteria and a degree of compromise might have to be met on her part.

In other words, if she if she is up for the task in the first place, then she might choose to settle.
Bear in mind that "settle" hardly implies a permanent state.

Insofar that his looks were not an issue (in her mind) to begin with it is likely she will carry on with the relationship until she sees he is at least trying to meet

her vision or complement her notions of portraying a successful lifestyle.

By and large good looks naturally rate most favorable in our image driven world because looks literally exemplifies the finished model of perfection and/or power.

Maybe moreover the most prized side effect of this asset is it's duplicitous ability to make us look like better people than we really are?

blackg

Reaction score
Dude haven't you heard the voices of vin diesel,Jason stathum..

They have stunning voices..
Attraction factors depend on many reasons..voices being one of the main thing.
Speaking of male voices... Nothing is more attractive to a woman then a man with a lisp.