Bigd888's Story - (sick of treatments!)

bigd888

Reaction score
Hey, ive been on rogaine for over 3 years and its slowed my hair loss but definitely not regrown anything. I started leimo hand laser 6 months ago and have just realised that it is a huge scam...their products did nothing whatsoever for me! Everyone keeps telling me to go on finasteride but i dont think its a great idea cos of side effects, so im thinking of getting a cosmetic procedure. Basically the guy told me they would clone hairs from the back of my head and graft them onto my scalp...it sounded good to me...

What do you guys think? Would this be a good option?

Attachments

• ert.jpg
    ert.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 242

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: sick of treatments!

cloning? ummm hair cloning isn't even in existence yet (for the average joe to go have it done). What exactly did they tell you? :dunno:

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: sick of treatments!

The best success stories seem to be from the guys who combine minoxidil and finasteride, so I'd definitely at least try finasteride.

If you have any side effects they won't be permanent so just drop the drug. Must people are fine though, so give it a crack, maybe start out on a smaller dose and work your way up, I bet you won't even notice any difference in how you feel etc.

You won't know unless you try!

Brick was right about hair cloning as well, it is still in the R&D phase.

bigd888

Reaction score
yeah...i wasnt aware of hair cloning being available either! But the guy told me he was taking a sample of my hair so it couild be sent to a lab and then grown...he said this is why it would take about 6 weeks until i could get the procedure done. I stopped him to check this...as i thought my hair would be matched to similar synthetic hair, but he told me it would be my own hair???

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's messed up man. I'm surprised more people haven't chimed in to talk about this. I would stay away. I don't think this can be trusted

bigd888

Reaction score
hey guys thanks for your opinions...i actually decided to give this procedure a try! I dont want to take finasteride...i would rather lose my hair! But yeah...a friend of a friend got the procedure done and he seems fine and his hair looks good. Ill post back pics when i get it done...

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good luck with whatever you choose man. I would make sure you do as much research as possible. Because hair cloning does NOT EXIST yet. Have you been able to find anyone online that has done this? This place is claiming to do cloning? If they are doing cloning successfully then it would probably be all over the place and a huge breakthrough.

But if you are going to do it, please keep us updated! good luck

bigd888

Reaction score
hey, so i called the place and asked a few more questions. They guy on the phone told me it wasnt hair cloning, all he could tell me was that my hair sample would be grown in a lab??? To be honest, the more i sniff around, the more it seems that this is probably just a high tech wig??? But he said that the hair grows very very slowly??? Weird. I still havent signed up, but he said it would cost me 3.5k (aussie dollars).

h82bebald

Established Member
Reaction score
I think if you added finasteride, you would be pleased with the results. You seem to have hair all on top, its just thin so I think you would respond well.

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if they are not even telling you what it is then why are you even bothering?!

STAY AWAY MAN!! for your own good.

This place is a scam. How could they not even exactly tell you what it was? thats not right

bigd888

Reaction score
Hey seadock, I think im more desperate than naive. But its not as dodgy as it appears...as i wrote earlier i know someone who had this procedure done earlier this year and he reckons its a good option. As i said im still deciding...im not exactly in a huge rush or anything.

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You keep saying you know someone who had it done, yet you aren't sure if its a wig/toupee/piece? That doesn't make much sense. You must not know him too well? Do not do anything you aren't 100% certain of what it is. Find forums online. Find reviews. Find more info. Trust me. Desparation is what leads many balding guys to making tons of mistakes, my man. You may regret it.

bigd888

Reaction score
yeah i dont know him well...only met him once. He said its not a wig, as in you cant take it off. He said that they shaved some skin off his head and then injected the hairs into his scalp.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
bigd888 said:
hey, so i called the place and asked a few more questions. They guy on the phone told me it wasnt hair cloning, all he could tell me was that my hair sample would be grown in a lab??? To be honest, the more i sniff around, the more it seems that this is probably just a high tech wig??? But he said that the hair grows very very slowly??? Weird. I still havent signed up, but he said it would cost me 3.5k (aussie dollars).

You're an Aussie? What's this place called that has the answer to balding but has neglected to tell the rest of the world, I might drop in there and find out why they haven't revealed their secret!

Seriously though, if they can't provide you were indepth and specific details about it, then of course you would steer clear of it. I would bet my house on it being a wig.