Big question about minoxidil dosage

Yahowha

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm wondering about the dosage of minoxidil when applying it to three places on the scalp (crown and both temples).

Should I still use only 1ml? If so how should I spread it out? For example, should I put .5 on the crown and .25 on each temple? Thanks guys for your input.

drago

Reaction score
I have been using minoxidil for the last 8 months, on the receding temples and on the entire top of my head which is diffuse thinning. For me personally it depends on how long my hair is. It seems to take alot more minoxidil to cover the scalp on longer hair vs when I clip it really short which I try to do every couple weeks. For me I have kinda went away from trying to measure out the amount and just apply minoxidil in small amounts and spread it out till the scalp has a thick coat everywhere, and stop before it starts to run down my face and sides of the head.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your supposed to rub it in with your fingers.......1ml is what your supposed to use although some people think they should use more because they dont believe that it will work if you dont have your entire head glossed with minoxidil.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blue said:
Your supposed to rub it in with your fingers.......
Not true. Pfizer specifically recommends not rubbing it in, but says you can if you want to. If you rub it in, you will get some on your hands, and lots on your hair instead of your scalp. The only place it does you any good is on your scalp, so whatever isn't there is wasted.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im sorry im not going by what Pfizer said im going by what i have read and heard on this board