Big Boo Hoo - minoxidil Shed - Any advice

Bercy

Reaction score
:cry: I am now about 1 month into using minoxidil 5% twice daily, and my hairline has been completely ravaged bigtime. Portions are even completely bare now, nothing but scalp. I am afraid to continue using it and afraid to stop. It takes all my courage and a leap of faith to keep on using it every day.

Although I expected a shed, this is beyond anything that I ever imagined. The loss/shed is all the way to mid scalp. Funny thing is that the mid scalp portion and crown were not really affected. Hardly any hair shed from these areas at all. And these are the areas where my hair is the most miniturized and weakest. Almost exclusively all the loss was in the hairline and the area directly behind it. What gives?

I am hoping that others who have experienced this large scale shed on minoxidil can offer some hope and advice. Although I confident that some of the shed hair will regow, I am anxious to hear from others. Particularly, were you affected in the hairline also, what percentage of hair regrew, and how long did it take.

Thanks in advance

G

Bercy said:
:cry: I am now about 1 month into using minoxidil 5% twice daily, and my hairline has been completely ravaged bigtime. Portions are even completely bare now, nothing but scalp. I am afraid to continue using it and afraid to stop. It takes all my courage and a leap of faith to keep on using it every day.

Although I expected a shed, this is beyond anything that I ever imagined. The loss/shed is all the way to mid scalp. Funny thing is that the mid scalp portion and crown were not really affected. Hardly any hair shed from these areas at all. And these are the areas where my hair is the most miniturized and weakest. Almost exclusively all the loss was in the hairline and the area directly behind it. What gives?

I am hoping that others who have experienced this large scale shed on minoxidil can offer some hope and advice. Although I confident that some of the shed hair will regow, I am anxious to hear from others. Particularly, were you affected in the hairline also, what percentage of hair regrew, and how long did it take.

Thanks in advance

What else are you using?

HairyN

Established Member
Reaction score
i can relate...my hairline...specifically my temples were hit with a nuclear bomb...ive been on minoxidil almost 1 month as well

DontWannaBeLikeMike

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on minoxidil for almost a month now too. I don't think I have really had a shed. Hopefully it's a minor shed. Is that possible to have a really minor shed or the shed is just around the corner?

G

Bercy dont worry man it sounds like a shed to me. I mean what else would cause it? You are obviously reacting to the min. Some guys shed alot and have sheds that last a few months. (from what Ive read on this forum) And according to Rogaine you shouldnt see results at least 2-6 months and shedding is completely normal. Dont worry man Im sure it sucks but to get good results you have to go through some pain. If I where you id where a hat and not look in the mirror so much. Just keep adding the rogaine and it most likely will get better in a couple months. Keep us posted!

HAIRY N - Describe your situation to me if you can. What do you use? How is your hairline? How much you loose a day and how often?

HairyN

Established Member
Reaction score
1-2 ml an application...3-6 drops on the hairline and spread with my fingers...my temples receded a good deal but im seeing some regrowth there...im just hoping that they'll grow full length

G

DontWannaBeLikeMike said:
I've been on minoxidil for almost a month now too. I don't think I have really had a shed. Hopefully it's a minor shed. Is that possible to have a really minor shed or the shed is just around the corner?

We know very little about shedding. So, my advice would be to not worry about it and just do your routine.