Big 3 Side Affects. Need Help Please.

Amonrah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've been on big 3 for about a year now, only side effect I've experienced thus far is a lost of morning erections most of the time. But in the past week or so I've been having alot of trouble sleeping, and also heart arrhythmia is these related to the drugs? I guess it started when I started using 0.25 dermaroller and applying minoxidil right after, I did it a few times, noticed the arrhythmia and then stopped, but it's been a few days since I stopped and now I wait 24 hours after I dermaroll and apply minoxidil. Could this be symptoms of systemic absorption of the min, or is it related to another drug in my regimen? Thanks in advance, Mike.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am also taking minoxidil and dermarolling once a week and I am having chest discomfort at times and sometimes rapid heartbeat. I think it must be systemic minoxidil absorption. I think I’m going to give it up and look for a natural approach soon, which sucks because I have noticed decent regrowth so far since I began 4 1/2 weeks ago.

ButWhyTho

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those do sound like minoxidil side effects. What dosage are you applying? And is it foam or liquid?

Amonrah

My Regimen
Reaction score
5% and liquid. It only started when I switched from regular generic minoxidil to the lipogaine one. I mean it comes and goes but it's still pretty annoying. Is it something specific in the lipogaine formula? Becuase I've been on min for more then a year and never had any sides expect dandruff.

ButWhyTho

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^ that's strange too because usually after long term use of minoxidil it's effect on cardiac output and heart rate return to pre treatment.
I think lipogain uses a fat soluble vehicle for administration. Plus I think it has a couple other ingredients. So this might just be reaction to that.
Although since you're applying it after dermarolling then their might be more absorption.

Pharmacokinetics
Absorption: Poorly absorbed through intact skin. About 0.3% to 4.5% of a topically applied dose reaches the systemic circulation. Application to skin with decreased integrity may increase systemic absorption.

So let's do the math.
If you are applying 1 cap of minoxidil it is equivalent to 1 g of the active ingredient.
1g = 100 mg
If 5% gets absorbed systemically then you are ingesting about 5 mg.
If you are doing this twice daily then you are ingesting about 10 mg.
5 - 10 mg is the usual dose for hyper tension.

So you can either keep using it the way you are, your body will probably get used to the dosage after a couple weeks.
Or you can reduce the dose applied.
Or not apply after dermarolling.

Amonrah

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all thank you so much for the reply. I kinda gave up hope for a reply after a week but thanks. Secondly maybe I wasn't clear enough but after a few days of my arrhythmia I stopped dermarolling for better absorption with a 0.25 mm roller. I only dermaroll with 1.5 once a week and wait 24 hours or until the skin feels right again to apply again. But a week after dropping the 0.25 mm roller and applying right after I still get irregular heartbeat. I'll give it a few weeks I hope it stops.