Big 3 and Just for Men...

summers1981

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I have no pictures up as yet but I am sure to do this...

Basically I am a 29 year old male from Scotland who has been balding since I was 24. It has been gradual but the crown had now become visible to the eye especially in daylight.

Because I have dark hair i decided to go on rogaine when i was 26. I stuck with and I am still on it. Last year I noticed a drastic decline on my crown...my bald spot was becoming more visible and I was more self conscious.

I went online and read up about propecia and decided to take the plunge...started on 1/2 then went to tablet aday (a year ago). Although it has held my hair it doesnt add much.

This is where it all changed last week...

I was still self concious and all the peach fuzz on my head was very light and to the naked eye makes you think you have no hairs. I found this site http://www.neithernor.org.uk/rogaine.html where the guy tried "just for men" to darken" his beard.

I tried it on my head and unbelievable I now look like i have a complete head of hair. It has died all the peach fuzz and makes my head look complete.

I am honestly amazed at the results and will share them with you.

summers1981

Reaction score
pictures as requested...

Attachments

• Photo0175.jpg
    Photo0175.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,797
  • Photo0180.jpg
    Photo0180.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 2,118

Hoppi

Reaction score
Cool, I'm glad it's better man :)

Odd that finasteride and min aren't having more of an effect though. Maybe consider adding Nizoral, Folligen or spironolactone?

willem07

Reaction score
The pictures do this process no justice. I am in a similar boat and used Just for Men, it is the most insane thing I've ever seen. All of my peach fuzz darkened up and it looks like I have a thick head of hair (my hair is buzzed however about 1 inch on top).

Surely no cure for hair loss, and I will continue my regimen but if you have light colored hair and are thinning I'm sure you will be amazed by this.

R0ck632

Reaction score
I'm a little confused.. I have been using rogaine foam for 4.5 months and have gotten pretty good results but also alot of peachfuzz but the peachfuzz is getting longer now but still very thin and naked to the eye.. Are u guys using the just for men shampoo or the gel for beards? I feel if I can darken those thin hairs my hair would look much better.. And what color did u guys use? Did u try to match or go lighter or darker? Thanks

R0ck632

Reaction score
OMG!!!! I Tried the Just For Men Hair Dye on my thinning Hair and WOW what a difference... Didnt completely fix everything but it looks sooo much better.. All the peach fuzz and light color hair from the minoxidil really darkened up... Looks like this will be part of my new regimine... Hope the long term effects of the dye dont make things worse but for now..I am extremely pleased! Sorry I was half way through when i remembered i was going to take before and after pics... Sorry Guys..

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
R0ck632 said:
I'm a little confused.. I have been using rogaine foam for 4.5 months and have gotten pretty good results but also alot of peachfuzz but the peachfuzz is getting longer now but still very thin and naked to the eye.. Are u guys using the just for men shampoo or the gel for beards? I feel if I can darken those thin hairs my hair would look much better.. And what color did u guys use? Did u try to match or go lighter or darker? Thanks

Try dermatch to darken those hairs....

Or try Just for men which is significantly cheaper and doesn't need to be applied every day.

Dermmatch is for covering bald spots and giving the illusion of thickness, this guy wants to darken thin rogaine grown hair which is what JFM is ideal for.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
R0ck632 said:
OMG!!!! I Tried the Just For Men Hair Dye on my thinning Hair and WOW what a difference... Didnt completely fix everything but it looks sooo much better.. All the peach fuzz and light color hair from the minoxidil really darkened up... Looks like this will be part of my new regimine... Hope the long term effects of the dye dont make things worse but for now..I am extremely pleased! Sorry I was half way through when i remembered i was going to take before and after pics... Sorry Guys..

Good to hear :) My temples are covered with thin, lightly coloured hair from minoxidil so I'm gonna have to give this a shot!

peter079

Established Member
Reaction score
How long does Just for Men last? How many washes before you need to re-do?
Any scalp irritation? Should I use a darker colour or the same as hair colour?
I'm interested.

GLDFSHS2

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to bump this, to see if anyone else has tried this?
I just bought JFM but I'm worried I'll get it all over my scalp. My hair is pretty much as thin as the OP's.
So, does it end up on your scalp, or is that easy to avoid?

Thanks.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Have you tried upping your dose to a full pill a day? I had good results for 3 years on .5mg a day, but a year ago I upped it to 1.25mg a day, and got even more results on the crown.

andersonlynch

Established Member
Reaction score
That's amazing! Good start! Continue what treatment you've started.