Big 3 - almost full recovery - Koseu

Koseu

Reaction score
Hi,

I just want to share my story.

My hairloss was a combination of a receding hairline and diffuse thinning on top. My crown was completely unaffected.

I started the big three 9 months ago.

I am 9 months into treatment (9 months finasteride and 7 months minoxidil)

These are baseline pictures 1 month into finasteride (was too lazy to take them when I started):

IMG_0791.jpgIMG_0792.jpgIMG_0794.jpg

As you can see, I was quite thin on top and both tempels were receding.

These were pictures taken today:

2014-10-13 15.47.54.jpg2014-10-13 15.51.24.jpg2014-10-13 15.52.44.jpg2014-10-13 15.53.32.jpg

My hair is a lot thicker on top and the birth mark on my left temple is not even visible anymore due to the regrowth.

My temples have grown a lot of smaller hairs which are not that thick, and the middle of my hairline has also gone down 1 cm with a lot of baby hairs.
Even with these thin hairs in the hairline, it really helps a lot. I almost have my NW1 back.

To sum everything up, I am really satisfied with my results :)

-------------------------------
1 year update

Hi everyone

So, I have been on treatments for an entire year now (10 months min, 12 months finasteride) and I, therefore, feel like an update is due :) I have not had any side effects apart from a little watery semen (which is gone now) and I can happily say that it has been a great decision to start the Big 3.

The hair on the top of my head has stayed thick since the last time I uploaded pictures, so I will only focus on showing my temples.

Here are the fotos:
View attachment 30747View attachment 30748

It should be noted that the baseline for my left temple is actually 3 months into treatments as all my baseline pictures of my left temple are bad.

As you can see from my baseline pictures, I was a NW2 (semi diffuse as well), but now I have grown out my teenage Norwood 1 hairline. However, the hairs on my temples are, as you probably can see, very thin and short and they grow slower than the rest on my head, but they still give the illusion of a NW1.

Even if my hairline doesn't thicken up, I will still be very satisfied with the results I have gotten.

All comments and questions are welcome :)

-------------------------------------
Three year update

Hi everyone.

Approximately three years have passed since I started the big three. Still going strong. Definitely one of the bests decisions I have made. I still have small thin hairs on my hairline as seen two years ago. They never grew thick and strong, but I am content with what I have.

Attachments

• 2017-01-18 10.20.24.jpg
    2017-01-18 10.20.24.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 7,697
Last edited:

dam

Reaction score
Nice results you must be so happy, i cant believe the regrowth on your temples. Thank you so much for sharing did you use foam or liquid minoxidil? did you apply directly to the hairline?

Koseu

Reaction score
Nice results you must be so happy, i cant believe the regrowth on your temples. Thank you so much for sharing did you use foam or liquid minoxidil? did you apply directly to the hairline?

I am really happy about my results :) I actually use foam in the morning and liquid in the evening. I apply it directly to the hairline and like half the length of my head back.

Koseu

Reaction score
Has finasteride affected facial hair growth?

If you look at my left temple you can barely notice that I have these very small and fine baby hairs below my hairline. I don't think they were there before.

My beard and eyebrows are the same.

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice results man, well done.

Here's hoping those finer hairs will turn into thicker ones in due time! Still, awesome results. Keep at it!

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
you have hair like teenager. Obviously more hair but it seems like the quality of hair is totally different. With a remarkable change like that, I'm wonder if anyone has said any comments to you...

Koseu

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments and encouragement, I appreciate it :)

@toms
I have slightly more watery semen, but thats the only finasteride related side effect I have.
minoxidil was actually much worse in the beginning. My head would itch so bad all day. I would sometimes wake up in the morning and wonder if i was scratching my head in my dreams or if i actually did it, but I just kept at it and it stopped pretty much after a month or so.

@dark&bald
About people commenting on my hair, not a single person has actually made a comment about it. It happened slowly throughout the 9 months so to them it probably wasn't as drastic as when I show a before and after picture here.
And the quality of my hair went waaaay up. Not the thin wispy looking hair as in the first picture.

codes08

Reaction score
That's amazing. I'm a week past month six and my results are terrible. If anything I'm continuing to lose my hairline & I feel like minoxidil is at fault. When did you start seeing growth & fill in of the front/temples?

Koseu

Reaction score
when did u start to see regrowth???
Around 3.5 months in (3.5 months finasteride and 1.5 months min) I started noticing very very small and fine hairs on my hairline, but my hair was generally horrible due to a huge shed which lasted for 2 months. That was my first sign of regrowth.

That's amazing. I'm a week past month six and my results are terrible. If anything I'm continuing to lose my hairline & I feel like minoxidil is at fault. When did you start seeing growth & fill in of the front/temples?
6-7 months in was actually when my regrowth really kicked in, but everyone is different. Some people first get results after a year. If you're shedding it's not necessarily a bad sign. Do you take pics? If not try taking pics once in a while, because it's really difficult to notice any regrowth without it, as it's a slow process.

kadir657

Reaction score
Hi there.. Do u use anykind of a dermaroller or something else just to make the minoxidil absorb a lot better ? Because im using it in combination with lipogaine (2 weeks now) and i'm experiencing shedding. Is this common ?

Thank u

Koseu

Reaction score
It is too much happy news hat you have regained your lost hair. Nobody in this world want hair loss and you are not exceptional from them,. Best wishes for your recovery and thanks for sharing your happy moments with us.

Thanks man :)

Hi there.. Do u use anykind of a dermaroller or something else just to make the minoxidil absorb a lot better ? Because im using it in combination with lipogaine (2 weeks now) and i'm experiencing shedding. Is this common ?

Thank u

I don't use a dermaroller. Just the good old big 3. It's pretty common to shed when first starting minoxidil :)

amazing results, well done!

Thank you :)