Big 3 after 1 year

DrDog

Reaction score
I am thinking of trying it. Had some minor sides with saw palmetto so thats holding me back. Also heard that saw palmetto and propecia affect beard and body hair growth which is not appealing at all...

I think you totally should. Don't let people here psych you out with finasteride. I was scared ****less the first few months thinking I had gyno, but really I was just exaggerating out of fear. finasteride is the easy part of the big 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent! And what time do you take finasteride? In the morning?

Congrats bro!

Thanks man! I really appreciate it. I take my finasteride first thing in the morning, which could be anywhere between 8am - 11am depending on the day.

DrDog

Reaction score
Small update: I'll be upping my minoxidil dose from 1.25 ml to 2 ml per application to cover some places I don't think have been getting enough attention. Also starting keto 2% soon!

Send me questions if you have any!! I'm still in the fight gentlemen, for the fight is forever.

digui

Reaction score
Nice progress mate!

Did you go through a shedding phase? If so, how long did it last?

DrDog

Reaction score
Nice progress mate!

Did you go through a shedding phase? If so, how long did it last?

Real bad from month 1 to month 6, but I'm always still shedding. It's pretty much continuous, but during that time period it was severe.

thatguywelbz

Established Member
Reaction score
Keep going bro!

Great results. You should keep doing what you are doing and maybe soon your very very small bald spot also fills out. Great results.

chorn1546

Reaction score
You seem like the guy to talk to.
Couple questions. I have longer hair (looks like Bradley cooper in limitless)
I cant decide if its my hair that is pulling on my scalp and causing this pain and extreme itchiness ALL day or if its just from hairloss that is causing my scalp to scream. I was debating on cutting my hair (today actually) hoping it would help my scalp but im very scared to see what my crown looks like once my hair is short.
If you move my long hair out of the way now you can see some thinning in my crown.

I've been on finasteride since July (5 months). I dont see to many side effects beside some testicular pain sometimes but my long hair sheds like crazy when I run my hand through my hair I can get up to 5-10 hairs on my hand.
What should I expect the next couple months.

I dont use Ket shampoo, I do use regenepure though. Good?

Looking for any and all advice you have man. This is really taking a toll on me.

DrDog

Reaction score
You seem like the guy to talk to.
Couple questions. I have longer hair (looks like Bradley cooper in limitless)
I cant decide if its my hair that is pulling on my scalp and causing this pain and extreme itchiness ALL day or if its just from hairloss that is causing my scalp to scream. I was debating on cutting my hair (today actually) hoping it would help my scalp but im very scared to see what my crown looks like once my hair is short.
If you move my long hair out of the way now you can see some thinning in my crown.

I've been on finasteride since July (5 months). I dont see to many side effects beside some testicular pain sometimes but my long hair sheds like crazy when I run my hand through my hair I can get up to 5-10 hairs on my hand.
What should I expect the next couple months.

I dont use Ket shampoo, I do use regenepure though. Good?

Looking for any and all advice you have man. This is really taking a toll on me.

What's good man. If you're on minoxidil, I would say that would be the cause, but since you've said you're only on finasteride at the moment I'm unsure what it could be. It could be that it's psychological. That's not a diss,it's actually entirely possible. When you think about your hair so much, that slight itch could be projected to be much more than that. I wish I had a good answer for you man. Other's on these forums might. Can you explain further when you're feeling as well as your current regime?

And regenepure is equally good if not better than keto in my opinion. Keto can dry hair pretty harshly. I went from everyday keto to now ~3x a week because other's on these forums recommended it.

HLT Bulllet Wake

Reaction score
Congrats man, and could someone please tell me how to post in the introduction thread I cant find the button or tab anywhere to post my intro thx:doh:

gaspool

Reaction score
21 y/o
hair loss started at 16

Routine
5% liquid min x2 daily
1mg finasteride daily
1% keto shampoo x4-5 week

additionally
boar bristle brush 5 minutes daily
dermaroller x1-3 week (inconsistent)

i have a couple question here :

what minoxidil do you use? its R*gaine or K*rkland ?
Better choice liquid or foam ?
how about if i use keto shampoo that contain 2% nizoral/ketomed ?

regards bro,

diadia

Reaction score
Congrats, it looks like it's really working! How much do you think minoxidil had to do with it? I'm tempted to take it, but wondering if I should just start with finasteride.