hair loss started at 16

Routine
5% liquid min x2 daily
1mg finasteride daily
1% keto shampoo x4-5 week

additionally
boar bristle brush 5 minutes daily
dermaroller x1-3 week (inconsistent)

Overall I've kept completely, and would argue have had a good amount of regrowth. Aside from my crown and the lightness in the front, I'd say I'm finally comfortable with how I look. I just don't think about the crown :roll: I dropped 2% keto shampoo because I'm currently travelling and its hard find where I am.

Month 1.jpgmonth 2.jpgstart and month six.jpgv.jpgr.jpgf.jpgb.jpg

In order: (1) Month one; (2) Month two; (3) Comparing month 1 and month 6; (4-7) Today.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Impressive results, your crown looks good btw just looks like a hairwhorl and I don't think minoxidil/finasteride can fill that in. What is with the boar bristle brush?

DrDog

Reaction score
I really appreciate that man, thanks. I like the boar bristle brush for two reasons (neither because it increases regrowth).

For one, if I think my hair is oily and I don't have time to take a shower, a couple strokes with the brush really makes it look better and less oily.

The second, if the weak hairs are supposed to fall out anyways from finasteride/min, than I figure I should get rid of them using the brush rather than waiting for them to fall out on my desk in class or in the shower.

DPAMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The hair line and frontal region look much thicker. The spot in the back, like has already been said, looks more like a hair whorl than a bald spot; my grandfather who never experienced male pattern baldness had one. In any case, congrats, man!

Reaction score
Hope

Hey man this post really gave me hope. I am 20 years old and I am looking better than your before pics but worse than your after. Good luck in your fight!

Roox

Reaction score
Nice improvements. In the last picture it doesn't even look like you're losing hair.

omgmanwtf

Reaction score
How did you apply Minoxidil? 1mg in the morning. Then 1mg before bed? Do you sleep with it on your head? Then wake up, shower and reapply?

DrDog

Reaction score
The most regrowth I had came between months 10-12. More than the previous 10 combined. Stay hopeful!

- - - Updated - - -

How did you apply Minoxidil? 1mg in the morning. Then 1mg before bed? Do you sleep with it on your head? Then wake up, shower and reapply?

I put about 1.5 ml (to cover my whole head) in the am/pm. I outline the horse shoe (1ml) then make a straight line from front to crown (.5ml). I do it right after I shower in the am

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the results...looks great. hoping for the same but so far no dice :(

How long has your battle been going? Are you using a dermaroller?

- - - Updated - - -

The hair line and frontal region look much thicker. The spot in the back, like has already been said, looks more like a hair whorl than a bald spot; my grandfather who never experienced male pattern baldness had one. In any case, congrats, man!

That means a lot man, thanks :)

DrDog

Reaction score
Looks good, any side effects from the finasteride?

No sides at all. I almost wish it would drop my libido a little bit! Everything right at rain. In time, I'll move to dutasteride after maybe another year or 2 on finasteride.

Are you trying finasteride or thinking of it scott?

scott8696

Reaction score
No sides at all. I almost wish it would drop my libido a little bit! Everything right at rain. In time, I'll move to dutasteride after maybe another year or 2 on finasteride.

Are you trying finasteride or thinking of it scott?

I am thinking of trying it. Had some minor sides with saw palmetto so thats holding me back. Also heard that saw palmetto and propecia affect beard and body hair growth which is not appealing at all...