BIG 3 - 7 Months - ZERO/NEGATIVE Progress (Pics)

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Other members have told me that finasteride is worthless if you are on dutasteride and minoxidil is not even approved by the fda for the hairline

David.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi David, All,

So its been about four/five months since I started taking dutasteride; I alternated between 2.5mg finasteride and 0.5mg of dutasteride EOD; so one day finasteride, one day dutasteride and so on.

I have been through a few more small sheds and went through a phase of my hair looking truly shocking...the temples got very patchy and I was longing to get an edge of forest hairline look again.

Anyway, recently I took a look at some photos and whilst one temple (the left) seems to have gotten slightly better.....the right temple has got much worse!?!:badmood:.

So my question back to everyone would be;

1. Switch to 10% minoxidil to try and repair the one hairline?
2. Remove finasteride from my regimen and stay on dutasteride EOD?

Also...the reason I stopped coming on this forum for a while was because this whole hairless thing was consuming my life, my job, everything. I needed some time off from it and basically, by taking dutasteride that the very most I can do to tackle this curse right?!

Hey CMP1. I've read of some people alternating between finasteride and dutasteride and having success. What I don't get is if dutasteride lasts in the system for 4 weeks and is stronger than finasteride, why even bother taking finasteride. I think its overkill. Do you have any sides on dutasteride? That stuff is strong. Definitely continue minoxidil. I don't know how you'd get your hands on 10% but I'd love to try that too. Hey at least you're kinda of maintaining at this point right? Maybe one day you can get a minor hair transplant in the front to cover the sides if you want. Although looking from the photo your frontal hair looks really nice. I get staying away from this site for a while. This stuff will drive anyone mad.

@CMP1

Reaction score
Hey CMP1. I've read of some people alternating between finasteride and dutasteride and having success. What I don't get is if dutasteride lasts in the system for 4 weeks and is stronger than finasteride, why even bother taking finasteride. I think its overkill. Do you have any sides on dutasteride? That stuff is strong. Definitely continue minoxidil. I don't know how you'd get your hands on 10% but I'd love to try that too. Hey at least you're kinda of maintaining at this point right? Maybe one day you can get a minor hair transplant in the front to cover the sides if you want. Although looking from the photo your frontal hair looks really nice. I get staying away from this site for a while. This stuff will drive anyone mad.

Hey David,

I also thought that perhaps taking both is too much; I am going to wind down the finasteride dosage and eventually come off the stuff. Does dutasteride block the same DHT types that finasteride does (+1 more?) as in, by coming off finasteride I may not be blocking a particular type of DHT?

On the minoxidil front, I have seen DualGen stuff which is 10% and Xandrox however I have also seen mixed reviews around this these with some claiming it could be nothing more than glorified snake oil.

All the best with your regimen, I hope its going well? Ill keep everyone posted and fingers crossed all round!

boldmun

Reaction score
My hair looked pretty good 4 years ago, (your hair looks way better) but I could tell I was starting to lose it when I styled it. It just felt different though anybody I told would probably laugh at me. I immediately started finasteride. I continued to lose my hair but heard that it take 2 years for finasteride to kick in. After 2 years, I still was losing hair. Last year I added Minoxidil, S5 cream, a stupid crazy method, and a laser comb. This year I switched over to dutasteride and have been using it for 6 months. I continue to lose hair. Now my hair is a depressing bundle of hair that can't be styled. My hairline looks jacked up completely. I don't know what purpose it has. I just buzzed it today.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
People still losing hairline on finasteride/dutasteride are obviously sensitive to testosterone. We see it all the time, those meds generally have better results at the crown. If you're still losing ground at the hairline on those two then you need an anti-androgen like RU, which blocks DHT and Testosterone.

Slick bald temple regrowth is incredibly difficult. You will need a pretty intense topical regimen with growth factors... or a transplant.

Audi

Reaction score
People still losing hairline on finasteride/dutasteride are obviously sensitive to testosterone. We see it all the time, those meds generally have better results at the crown. If you're still losing ground at the hairline on those two then you need an anti-androgen like RU, which blocks DHT and Testosterone.

Slick bald temple regrowth is incredibly difficult. You will need a pretty intense topical regimen with growth factors... or a transplant.

I've heard a lot of people recommend RU, but I have seen no information that it actually works. If it works so well it seems like thatis a no-brainer oppurtunity for some company to manufacture and market it.