Bicalutamide vs Ru58841 as topical anti androgen.

pussymagnet23

Established Member
Reaction score
Which one should be more effective as topical? Any Bica users who can drop their experience? Thanks.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd just like to state that if topical Bicalutamide worked anything like you'd imagine it should, we would have a cure.

Not the case though. I've attempted this, and felt it going systemic. Heard from some others that it doesn't work anywhere near as good topically either. Bicalutamide doesn't have a very high binding affinity, which is why a lot of it is needed (very high concentrations) to overcome T & DHT. This works best systemically. It is very hard to achieve such a high concentration in the scalp without spillover into the bloodstream, since most of the molecules won't successfully bind to an AR on their first pass and will go on to the rest of your body until they eventually bind somewhere.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it’s probably good to use both. Since RU has a short half life, bica can complement it by occupying the receptors after RU has degraded. But of course there is a risk of side effects. Fortunately bica has a near ideal molecular mass so that should prevent too much from going systemic. The key is to only apply bica sparingly in terms of volume and frequency. But don’t expect significant results. It’s a good adjunct or alternative treatment imo.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Interesting thread. If someone could acquire bicalutamide tablets, would they be easily solved in Alcohol and could be used as topical AA?

Last edited:

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recall the hormone thread consensus on topical bica being that it accumulates too much, at several points in time before. What happened to that or do i remember wrong? @Mr. Slap Head

Warrior87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used ru58841 for the past 9 months after coming off finasteride about the same time. My hair is defo thicker since starting. I noticed after coming off finasteride that my sex drive improved a lot, i had been using it for 8 years and thought I never really had any sides from finasteride, but its clear that the reduction in DHT had effected by Endocrine System.

By all means DM me regarding RU and thoughts on affordable sources, have used a few and now very settled with one.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used ru58841 for the past 9 months after coming off finasteride about the same time. My hair is defo thicker since starting. I noticed after coming off finasteride that my sex drive improved a lot, i had been using it for 8 years and thought I never really had any sides from finasteride, but its clear that the reduction in DHT had effected by Endocrine System.

By all means DM me regarding RU and thoughts on affordable sources, have used a few and now very settled with one.
Plug?