BHT again

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hope some of the experienced and the informed will reply to this post.
I have an UNLIMITED amount of body hair that is black and thick (my hair is blk).
I am definitely thinning from the crown and a bit from the front. On the good months I don't look like someone who is much balding ( I will post a pic soon). I am 28 yrs old.

I am considering going for a consultation with Armani but before I do, I wanted to see what are the BHT options; NOT that I will use them before scalp hair, jut to know if there is a plan B if things go extremely bad in the future.

Bottom line: If I had a 7000 grafts from body hair, in my now slightly thinning crown, what to expect and what could go wrong ? Could my scalp hair fall as a result and not be replaced by the implanted hairs ? It is too bad no one is talking about BHT anymore.

THANKS SO MUCH

s.a.f

Reaction score
BHT is extremely variable as far as results go firstly it is very limiting and secondly a significant proportion dont see much or any growth compared to ordinary FUT/FUE.
Only a few Dr's will even offer it.
If your hairloss is only minor you dont really need to think about it anyway, its usualy only people who've had their donor wasted by botched work that have to resort to this.

G

BHT doesn't work brother.

There is no credible evidence that it offers any benefit. I am cautiously optimistic about beard hair, however.

I'm sorry if others feel otherwise, but every BHT patient shown has scalp hair mixed in or re-distributed scalp donor.

Plan your approach as if you only have scalp donor, unless you have time and money to spend on BHT.

Either way, I think several patients posted 10-12K of body hair transplanted---- we've haven't seen hide nor "hair" of them again (at least I haven't)
Take Care,
Jason

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hat prisoner take note. :agree:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Hat prisoner take note. :agree:

I'm sure it works somewhat. Depends on what u want. If you want real ful hair then I would say no. If you want hair that is an inch long or less, why not? Its that long on the body already.

G

Hatprisoner--as a former NW6 I want BHT to work, but there is no rhyme or reason why a few people here and there have some growth---not much growth, not much coverage at that.

I still believe people of Indian/Middle Eastern descent who possess very, very robust body hair MIGHT see some difference by mixing scalp and body hair, but there are just too many people who have no growth and even worse, no explaination for no growth. There also seems to be no tracking the growing/resting phases of body hair.

I am encouraged by beard hair b/c the hair is so thick and hardy---it seems to remain in the growing phase for a very long time. However, one drawback is potential facial scarring---If this works I wouldn't mind taking 1000-1500 beard grafts (from under the chin/jawline) and adding density--It would make a big difference IMO.

Anyway, I don't want to dissuade you or tell you what to do---I am sharing how I feel about BHT--- as always the choice is up to you my friend---- I will be happy for you either way as long as you heard both sides of the argument.

Take Care,
Jason

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I understand that. But unless you have very limites body hair isn't it almost worth the risk? I mean if I lost half my body hair and didn't grow one hair, I don't care about the body hair being lost. If you get an hair transplant and lose scalp hair and it doesn't take, whole other ball game you know?

s.a.f

Reaction score
BHT is even more expensive than FUE and cosmeticly speaking from what I've seen 1000 standard donor grafts probably give a better result than 3000 BHT grafts. So unless you have plenty of cash and are willing to risk it when the results are'nt guaranteed ...

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm only talking in terms of "supply". Unless someone wants to have a hairy body, I'm thinking they can spare it.

s.a.f

Reaction score
From the results I've seen you'd only end up with a weird looking fluffy head, body hair is too velous to give a good result.

G

Put in that context, yes BHT is an acceptable risk Hatprisoner..... I believe once a person has been exposed to both pro/con of an issue, then it is ultimately up to them to make an informed decision.

If your simply experimenting with BHT to see what happens, you have time and money to do so, then more power to you.

I hope if you do, you will share your results good or bad.

I have seen the emotional issues that come with a failed BHT session, so just make sure you have your expectations low, so if things work out, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Take Care,
Jason

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BSpot, what about if the people just kept it really short (1/2 inch or shorter) rather than using the BHT to actually sport real hair, how were the results then?

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
There are a ton of BHT results via the links in my signature. Some are impressive, most are okay.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tembo said:
There are a ton of BHT results via the links in my signature. Some are impressive, most are okay.

Thanks for the links.

What I am still trying to figure out is this.

If someone wants a full head of hair or something then I understand why people would think it's not good. But If someone wanted to fill in about a 1 to 2 inch by 3 to 4 inch spot and on top of that keep it very short, would a BHT be able to successfully do that?

s.a.f

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
If someone wants a full head of hair or something then I understand why people would think it's not good.

Possibly if you got about 20,000 grafts. :roll:
On a bald head any hair transplant even donor hair does'nt look too good at a short length. You'll notice that I keep my hair about 2.5 inches long.
A hair transplant is all about illusion of hair, making a a small number of grafts look like natural density.
No hair transplant is close to the density of real hair (unless you only have say the hairline done and go to Armani and use up 80% of your donor just on that).
Body hair is fine and vellous, head hair is of a much thicker calibre. You may not think theres much difference but thats why body hair is only visable at very close range. The hair on my shins is probably denser than that on my head but if I stand a few metres back and look in the mirror the body hair is not visible whilst the head hair is.

Hatprisoner said:
But If someone wanted to fill in about a 1 to 2 inch by 3 to 4 inch spot and on top of that keep it very short, would a BHT be able to successfully do that?
What would that achieve? Thats barely bigger than the size of a credit card :freaked: You could'nt really do anything with that especialy at a short length.

Anyway all this is irrelevant since it would cost $10's 000's, which you dont have, and are not doing anything to get. Its basicly just a pipe dream.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
1-2 in by 3-4 in sounds like 2000-2500 grafts, scar revision in 6 months (if necessary) lifetime of hair barring no future hairloss. All this other talk is ridiculous.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SAF,

Why would anyone want that? Maybe to go from a Norwood 6 to a NW5 for example. To cover some areas that one doesn't like to make it more well rounded? There are many reasons?

Just because YOU wouldn't want it, does this mean no one should?

s.a.f

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Why would anyone want that? Maybe to go from a Norwood 6 to a NW5 for example. To cover some areas that one doesn't like to make it more well rounded? There are many reasons?

Just because YOU wouldn't want it, does this mean no one should?
:shock:
NW5 or NW6 you'd still be bald in the eyes of most people. I cant undestand how anyone who refuses to leave the house at NW6 because its so devastating would suddenly start living again if they were NW5.
I can understand wanting to move up a level on the Norwood scale but after everything you've posted about not being able to live life as a bald guy I'd be suprised if anything less than Norwood 3 would change you.
TBH I think you'd still be on here.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The honest truth is my hairloss (in my opinion) looks the worst on the side and the very top.

I'm used to the back and front, surprisingly lol. I think it's the size and color of the head to be honest.