Beware of too frequent nizoral use

person22

Reaction score
I really do think nizoral shouldn't be used more then once a week, twice max but every other day in my opinion is far too much, saying that everyone's hair is different but in my experience when I've used nizoral 2% too frequently it's had a noticable shedding affect on my hair, I'm about a Norwood 1-2 so for me to notice it must be pretty bad,
id like to hear anyone else's own experiences and opinions with this, cheers

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's kept my shedding down with every other day use. Only down side is that some days my hair is too course and doesn't look good, but I have long hair and live in a humid, yet windy, state so bad hair days are inevitable anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

It's kept my shedding down with every other day use. Only down side is that some days my hair is too course and doesn't look good. I have long hair and live in a humid, yet windy, state so bad hair days are inevitable anyway.

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
I use to do every other day but I didn't like the texture it left my hair after use. I've since reduced my use to twice a week (I try for Tuesday/Friday or Wednesday/Saturday). It's hard because I use concealers and I usually like getting two days out of my concealears to save $$$

H

hairplz

Nizoral is supposed to improve your hair, why the hell are you talking about shedding and other crap? Nizoral = makes hair better. Get it straight.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Nizoral is supposed to improve your hair, why the hell are you talking about shedding and other crap? Nizoral = makes hair better. Get it straight.

there's no guarantee that anything will work with male pattern baldness

H

hairplz

Yes, there is. Spironolactone and castration. Get it right!

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
spironolactone is guaranteed effective? Then it would be as big as finasteride and minoxidil, but it isn't.

Get it right!

H

hairplz

It is guaranteed, but it will have side effects 100%. People are too scared to use it.

H

hairplz

Ingesting of course, nothing topical works. Fools hope. If it isn't dangerous, then it's ineffective. That's how life works.
Guaranteed by who?
spironolactone lowers DHT to minimum. Castration lowers DHT to 0. Guaranteed hair loss cure. Are you bad enough dude to try it?

Quadzilla99

Established Member
Reaction score
Ingesting of course, nothing topical works. Fools hope. If it isn't dangerous, then it's ineffective. That's how life works. spironolactone lowers DHT to minimum. Castration lowers DHT to 0. Guaranteed hair loss cure. Are you bad enough dude to try it?

I don't think you understand the concept of a guarantee.

abcdefg

Reaction score
If you dont have dandruff or seb derm I dont see why you would even use it. Its not approved or proven to do anything for hair loss I not sure how it ever attained the status it does maybe just lack of other good treatments?

resu

Reaction score
If you dont have dandruff or seb derm I dont see why you would even use it. Its not approved or proven to do anything for hair loss I not sure how it ever attained the status it does maybe just lack of other good treatments?

minoxidil can cause seb dermatitis so some people use it to fight the side-effects of minoxidil on the scalp, then later the bogus studies that were ordered by the makers of Nizoral came out stating that keto is a "mild" DHT inhibitor and that it is comparable to 2% minoxidil.

It must have gotten popular because the makers of Nizoral raised the price in the last year and people in the US have trouble getting it.

Lol Quadzilla99... never imagined that Nizoral would have a fanboy. I'm not dissing it, if you have seborrhea use it, for fighting hair loss it's not necessary.