Best Way To Try It Out, And Scalp Irritation.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Although I really don't want to admit it, and I try to hold out hope, I think it's time to admit I might need to look into hair pieces. I tried to cope with how my hair is, but it's giving me severe body dismorphia to the point I can't work, am housebound, and get panic attacks when I have to leave. It's obviously not working.

A couple concerns: I don't have a lot of money, so I was thinking I could order a parcial piece for my hairline and see how that goes. Would that be a good idea? Are there places you can order partial pieces from?

My scalp gets very easily red and is often irritated, would gluing/taping a hair system down possibly cause a reaction?

I also am starting to get some small regrowth at the front of my hairline, could the tape or glue hurt that?

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Wheeljack

Sounds like it is worth exploring hair replacement if your hairloss is getting you down that badly. You certainly can order partial pieces, and if a partial piece is all you need to restore your hair then that is what you should do. You can get good ones on-line for around $200.

It is possible you could get a scalp reaction: you won't know till you try it. Obviously you can do a test patch first. You can use a scalp protector (barrier liquid) to protect your scalp, and you can also use a strong hair gel as an adhesive for the system. Both of those will minimise the chance of a bad reaction.

If you wear a system you will need to shave off your regrowth, or else design the system around it. It would be a bad idea to leave the growth in place and put adhesive on top of it, because that could cause traction alopecia from continual tugging on the hairs.

Noah